 Trains / *2792 (-20)
  Re: Thinking of getting new Train

(...) You may want to call Shop at Home and get 3225 Classic Train before they sell out. It's about the best of the recent trains. Also look for 4565 in the stores (or get it from S@H). 4561 the newest train is ok, but I would hold out for a sale (I (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NGLTC at GATS

(...) Hm, has anyone ever asked Shop at Home if they would send a carton of catalogs to you to distribute at shows? It would be neat if you could even specify getting one of the catalogs with trains on the cover. (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) Of course glass is hard to come by, though at least right now you can get two panes of plain glass in the doors and windows parts pack. Of course until S@H runs out of 3225 there is a decent source of good train parts including 6 windows with (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) You don't NEED them but I don't know of many train builders who wouldn't like more of them. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) Train doors and train windows are needed to make trains? Wow, I didn't know that. The genious of LEGO bricks is that you can use any combination of bricks to build what you want. Only the imagination is the limit. Who says trains need to have (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) Not a problem. Doors can be found in MT sets, windows are popping up all over the place (McDonald's, 2000 soccer sets). In fact, 2000 will be the best year ever for train window selection. -John (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) Alright then, I chalenge you to obtain train windows and doors in sutable quantities from current sets, then. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) I don't know if it's wishful thinking-- just maybe *expensive* thinking.... My suggestion is to forget the past and buy train stuff that is available now which gives you more bang for your buck. Anyway, I don't even keep the sets I have (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

Jonathan Wilson wrote in message <3833755C.C447278F@x...il.com>... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Matt Chiles has one available for straight sale at the Vault for $450. Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

Don't give up hope, just a year or so ago I was in LA on business, downtown LA, and while sitting in a taxi cab at a red light I saw out of the corner of my eye, a 4564 in a store window. Well once I recovered from my heart attack I found out the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) You notice he said he hates auctions. But I guess that finding anyone selling a 4558 metroliner as a straight sale is going to be impossible given how much this set can fetch at auction. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) At auctions expect to currently pay from 350 to 450 dollars. John (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  4558 - wishful thinking?

A question. Is wanting a 4558 metroliner just wishful thinking? How much would converting the dream to reality cost? I'm open for suggestions (though I hate auctions...) TIA, Shiri :-) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train club for the Saint Louis area?

(...) How many people need to be interested before you think we have enough? Also who would be willing to set up a web site dedicated to the club? John Warren (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's LEGO 4449 Daylight train.

Chris, It moves through points with no problem. The leading and trailing truck which have flanged wheels make sure of that. The middle drive wheels are pretty much just along for the ride. My train site seems a bit hosed and I believe it may not be (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's LEGO 4449 Daylight train.

Hi Ben, It just occured to me that you train should be able to use switching points, right? Those wheel rest on top of the rails, so they do not stick down in between the rails, right? By the way, I tried a bunch of the links on your train site and (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train club for the Saint Louis area?

It seams as though we could start something. In lugnet.trains is this: "I live in Paducah, Kentucky which is about 2-3 hours away from St.Louis. I would definitely be interested in forming a train group in this part of the world. I've been hoping (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

(...) tried (...) some (...) bottom (...) all (...) Found this web page that looks promising for some "engineering-ish" drawings and explanation of the Talgo car coupling and pendulum swaying. (URL) Mathis (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Thinking of getting new Train

Hey lil about myself. I'm 18 I coming out of my Dark Ages I have the MetroLiner, the yellow Train Station, Road N' Rail Repair and 4546 name eludes me right now. Well I am think of buying some new train sets any idea which ones to get thanks for any (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Road bridges!

Fredrik Glöckner wrote in message ... (...) And notice the bends at the ends of the ramp plate: the angle is fixed! So we'll end up craving for the straigth and round road plates only, using straight plates for shallow ramps instead of the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact