 Trains / *26045 (-20)
  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) Wow! That's a really good way to approach getting the parts you need. The part acquisition has always troubled me. I want people to have as easy a time building the model as possible, and making an MPD file available to assist this process (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) SNIPPY Hi Paul, I've been having some very good results using slack action coupling using technic 1 x x plates which are used in car axles. By using multiples of them, you can join the cars so close together that they actually touch- on (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

"lester witter" <witter@erim-int.com> wrote in message news:I96J2u.ou7@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) maybe (...) and (...) Actually a Club Car would be old grey. The production run ended before the color change and they are not producing (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) SNIP (...) Is there any way to build an equilalent to the split base using plates and maybe technic (lift arms?). This is a difficult part. You have to buy a club car and it might not be old gray Lester (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) SNIP (...) SNIP (...) James, These look great. I'd love to be able to build the whole consist. I was curious if you were planning to release the MPD files? I find these come in handy for trying to figure out what parts I don't have via Peeron. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) No problem and thanks for the fast response! If only all site maintainers would act as graciously ;) (...) As soon as I've moved I'll have to try building some of these... although they might get a bit of 7 or 8 wide modding :D (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone made an American 4-4-0 with BBB wheels?

(...) Yep, and surprisingly if you google "American 4-4-0 LEGO" you get a bunch of hits. One is mine :) (URL) (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) I'll spit it up as just a bunch of PNG images over on BrickShelf in several car-specific folders. Sorry about this PPT IE Explorer issue. I thought it might offer some nicer navigation tools without me punching out some hand-written html. (...) (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) (URL) You Can Build it! Hi-Level El Capitan> web-page generated by PowerPoint (...) It seems that the software you used makes HTML that only renders correct in Internet Explorer :( Both Mozilla and Konquerer (similair to Apple MacOSX Safari) (...) (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

Happy Holidays to everyone! For several months I've been working on a new train construction book based on the Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level set from 1956. Please check out (URL) Brian Clough's Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level page> and his (URL) of the (...) (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: Another big house of my little town

In lugnet.announce.moc, Andreas Böker wrote: (another jawdropper) Wow, that's cool... the front is very ornate, really captures the real thing nicely. And those trams are great, even if they are a trifle (ahem) wide. :) Are those tiles white or tan? (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) Waverly springs to mind, as does the York show (to which I have been once :). IMREX used to be the big show in London, but I think I am dating myself by saying so...I think Waverly is now the biggest single show. There are shows put on by (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: how to make coal for a tender?

(...) Hmmm. I'm not sure which is worse-- LEGO mutilation or use of non-LEGO parts. (I have done both in the past). Personally, I'd glue the pellets to a black plate and "create" a new element rather than use an all non-LEGO solution. YMMV, JOHN (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: how to make coal for a tender?

(...) I had a similar thought. I have a baggy of LEGO pellet, but it's in red. But one of our club members works at plastic injection house, adn got me a bag of black pellet. The pellet is rough cubes, ~1/8" across. My thought was to glue these to (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: how to make coal for a tender?

(...) Unfortunatly, you cant attach drive rods to 9v train wheels. Once I can afford some BBB wheels, I want to do an even more accurate American 4-4-0 (mabie in 8-wide) but for now my parts selection prevents me from doing drive rods :) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) It is the always the case in the UK, there is no equivalent to GATS. Some of the local clubs do put on national size and quality shows but they do (and can do) this purely because they have a large membership and a willing and active (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) Plenty of people do own their own vans, but they don't seem to be Lego fans! They are normally full of rubbish/builders tools and dirt as well! You don't get many pickups, only builders really seem to have them. However people carriers (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) I see. I'm surprised though that you only seem to be considering hired vans. Don't ordinary citizens own vans or small trucks in the UK? We transport our tables to shows in the van belonging to one of our members (Bruce Chamberlain) - a late (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) True. But this varies by region, in some regions GATS is not the only show organizer. For example, MichLTC does more shows (by a wide margin) that are put on and organized by local clubs, than shows put on by GATS. And in the case of a local (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) Yes, that's similar to how it's done in the US, except that here they just pay a predetermined flat appearance fee to each participating club rather than trying to pay actual expenses. We don't get lunch though. What puzzled me was the (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact