 Trains / *24555 (-20)
  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

"Teunis Davey" <teunisdavey@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HuIE22.11sJ@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ...] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] This one may be hard to get. I only made two of them and gave them to Larry P. to award as prizes at BrickFest (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  G.M.L.T.C. to display at La Crosse & Three Rivers Model Railroad Show

The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club will be showing this weekend at the La Crosse & Three Rivers Railroad Club 23rd Annual Model Railroad Show See the the GMLTC's huge ever-expanding modular all-LEGO town/train layout featuring many new trains. As (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.wi)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) Well, stop wasting your time on LUGNet and get on with it! ;-) Seriously Ben, we can hardly wait. I gather these prototypes have some of the back of the wheel missing too, so the flanges of the outer wheels can tuck in behind. These means the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) I had already admired your 4-6-2 chassis Teunis, but unfortunately my Lego collection doesn't run as far as flexrods! I have managed an articulated 4-6-2 chassis of my own using BBB wheels with the view of trying to create a 6-wide LNER (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Cars for the Hogwarts Express

(...) Don't mention it. One of the true cars has about 10 doors. 8-# Thomas (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: looking for comments on website 'version 2'

(...) John-3 says his DNS might be acting flaky. Try the (URL) 'direct route'...> Thanks! J-1 (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: looking for comments on website 'version 2'

(...) My browser times out every time I try to connect to www.gmltc.org. TWS Garrison (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  looking for comments on website 'version 2'

So, I'm using my "free time" (aka: unemployment) to do a redesign of the gmltc website. Any comments and/or advice? (URL) check it out here>, and let me know what you think. Most of the 'gallery' links don't work, John-3 and I need to sit down and (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Cars for the Hogwarts Express

(...) Nice. Now here is the bad news-- there are four cars in the consist of the Hogwarts Express! 8^O JOHN (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Cars for the Hogwarts Express

Here are my cars for the Hogwarts Express: (URL) paid more for the four red doors than each of the two 4708 sets. :-) Thomas (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: TLC Train Improvements

"Erik Bush2" <erbush@gcasda.org> wrote in message news:Huo9B3.t05@lugnet.com... [snipped] (...) engine. (...) TLC (...) What I understand from your post is that: a) you want TLC to produce a (decent) American engine (and American waggons) and b) (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote: <snip> (...) fyi Big Ben Bricks LLC is working on a mold to produce an unflanged wheels for purchase. John has a few prototypes of the 'blind' driver. Kind regards, Ben Fleskes Big Ben Bricks LLC (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GATS Display

(...) Don - Nice layout - the tables look great! A few quick questions... How long did it take to set up? How did your rope barriers work out? Can you describe how you made them? ((URL) like you guys had a good time - looking forward to pictures of (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) I'm not sure how well it shows up in the pictures, but the middle driver axle is a 'blind' driver - the flanges have been removed from those two wheels. This way, I'm really just running a two-axle configuration, the middle axle is more for (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  TLC Train Improvements

Hey, I know that TLC produced a new train late last year or early this year but I think that it is time for TLC to make a new train car or a couple new ones. Perhaps a gondola would be nice to have. A gondola like this one. Perhaps in this color or (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Getting Started with LEGO Trains - Wait for the 2nd edition!

(...) My copy has arrived, and I've read it and I'm not impressed. As requested, I've tried to leave a review at Amazon, but as they still list the book as unavailable that doesn't seem to be possible, so I've posted my review below. I bought the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.books, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) Hello Geoff, I have used flex rods as push rods , with the centre axel moving sideways. It works really well. But it needs a fare bit of weight above the drive wheels.to work fully (this was fixed when I put the train body ontop.) Sorry I have (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

Hi John, Nice Hogwarts Express. Looks great with the coupling rods/drive rods. I too have Ben's excellent wheels but am struggling to make these connections with six drivers and accomodate the necessary articulation to get round the sharp curves, (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Pictures from NILTC display at All American Railroad Show

A small but busy show! (URL) you, Ken (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: NGLTC NMRA Piedmont Division show pictures

Hey, I had a GREAT time sunday and there was quite a large crowd. "At the end of the show we found out that one of our conductors had deserted L-gauge and change over to another scale: (URL) LOL! I find that very funny because the man who built that (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact