 Trains / *21720 (-20)
  Re: RCX Train Sensor

(...) <snip> Hi Jeff, I'm not sure if you want to keep it a "100% lego" solution, but if not I think a reedcontact for magnetic detection might be simpler (and a lot smaller!). I dont know how well that would tie in with an RCX though. I have no (...) (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  New MOC: 1913 Dan Patch Electric Lines GE Boxcab

Greetings, I've always been somewhat intimidated by the great 8-wide locomotives fellow GMLTC members John Gerlach, Dan Siskind, and John Neal have created. After spending much of last weekend surrounded by the real thing (see (URL) G.M.L.T.C. to (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: RCX Train Sensor

"Jeff Elliott" <jeffe@telepres.com> wrote in message news:3EB2F2A8.4CCBC6...res.com... (...) Iain (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX Train Sensor

(...) this. Althought, since the train station is on your side I don't really need to do anything. :-) Derek (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Kids Bedroom Project

"BrickBuy" <pjanssen@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:HEADxF.1KGs@lugnet.com... (...) Eric Kingsley (NELUG) did something similar in his son's room. See his site: (URL) Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Train (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Kids Bedroom Project

Nice job, I like the idea of using clear shelfs. jt (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Kids Bedroom Project

We build a train loop all the way around our sons' bedroom, he loves it!! This has likely been done before, but we are pround we found a way to combine my wifes' hobby (home remodelling), with mine... (URL) if my wife would only let me extend the (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  RCX Train Sensor

I was languishing at home today with a cold, and I got to thinking about running trains with an RCX. I've been dreaming of having one or two trains automated to pull into a station, wait, pull out again, etc. But all this hinges on having the RCX (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's the difference between 139 and 139A

See here (URL) this has been discussed before (URL) <pjanssen@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:HE9w8n.zE@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  What's the difference between 139 and 139A

I wonder what the difference is between set 139 and 139A. When TLC makes small changes to a set, they usually do not change the set number. I see that the electronics block is slightly different, but wonder if there is a functional difference? I (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Cargo Loading Station

Hi folks, Here is a project I've been working on for the rtlToronto/train4.5 layout: (URL) is a yellow cargo loading station with small warehouse and office space. I hope you like it. Calum (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Brickish Association displays at LEGOLAND Windsor, April 2003

Cross-post to .trains, as there are trains at the bottom! Jason Railton In lugnet.legoland.windsor, Huw Millington writes: On April 12 and 13th, the Brickish Association was invited to put on a display at LEGOLAND Windsor as part of the LEGO Sports (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Looking for Thomas Burger

Thomas Burger your AOL email address is NO longer valid. Can you please contact me. I am working on a new LDraw Help Desk Tutorial and would like to use some of your images for the tutorial. Thank you, AHui LDraw Help Desk (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bugs Train Display

(...) I'm heading up to the Sunshine Coast on Monday (Did I mention that I moved to the Gold Coast?) so I might just brave the Brisbane traffic and stop off at the show.... Zac (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  RE: using a european 12v transformer in the UK

Hi, Did you build your own 12v stepup transformer or did you purchase one? Is there any in the US that you would recommend? Bob -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Frank Filz Sent: (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

prize2707 <paul.1@virgin.net> wrote in message news:HE7t7t.1nDF@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) The specifications for mains voltage in Europe _was_ 220VAC +/- 10%, that is 198-242V, while the UK _was_ using 240VAC +/- 10%, that is 216-264V. You can (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: using a european 12v transformer in the UK

(...) I have run both Euro and UK 12v transformers with my stepup transformer in the US. Not sure if that's a good datapoint though. Frank (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  using a european 12v transformer in the UK

hi does anyone know weather it is safe to use a european 12v transformer with a straight forward euro/uk plug adapter. i suppose the output would be the same but would the extra uk voltage burn out he transformer? thx for any help paul (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: drawbridge

"James Powell" <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message news:HE4yp6.15uI@lugnet.com... (...) span (...) building (...) since (...) (rope (...) Just a thought when reading this thread: If you have trouble with motors that do not run with the (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Bugs Train Display

This weekend Sat 3-Mon 5 BUGS (Brisbane Australia) are at the 26th Brisbane model train show. This is to be held at the RNA showgrounds. Photos and report will be posted after the event. (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact