 Trains / 19966
RE: using a european 12v transformer in the UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 20:16:06 GMT

Hi,

Did you build your own 12v stepup transformer or did you purchase one?  Is
there any in the US that you would recommend?

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Frank Filz
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 12:51 PM
To: lugnet.trains@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: using a european 12v transformer in the UK

prize2707 wrote:

hi

does anyone know weather it is safe to use a european 12v transformer with • a
straight forward euro/uk plug adapter. i suppose the output would be the
same but would the extra uk voltage burn out he transformer?

I have run both Euro and UK 12v transformers with my stepup transformer
in the US. Not sure if that's a good datapoint though.

Frank