 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7289
Re: RCX Train Sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2003 03:42:27 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:
Today I thought of using a magnet to detect a train.  Guess what?  It
works like a charm.

The sensor uses only Lego parts, fits in a 6x8x2 volume, and nestles
snugly under a straight track.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeffe/Train/TrainSensor/trainsensor3.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeffe/Train/TrainSensor/trainsensor1.jpg

Wow that is really cool.  I'm all for setting up the Altenburg loop to use
this.  Althought, since the train station is on your side I don't really need
to do anything. :-)

Derek