 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7288
Questions: Working on 694 Inventory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2003 03:38:15 GMT

I'm doing an inventory for set 694.  I have a MISB copy of the set.  It was
recently found in my parents basement.

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/694

It contains several pieces that are not currently in the peeron database.  I'm
wonder how to name them for the inventory.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/derek/Parts/dsc04567.jpg

This piece is 4 x 14 by one brick high at one end and one plate high at the
other.  It serves as the trailer base, has a hole for the "5th wheel"
connection and clips on the bottom for the small wheels that hold up the
trailer.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/derek/Parts/dsc04569.jpg

This piece is 4 x 8 and has a pin on the top, like the ones used for helicopter
blades.  The pin in off set towards one end.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/derek/Parts/dsc04571.jpg

This is the small wheel and carrage thing that props up the trailer when not
connected to the tractor.  Fits in to the clips on the bottom of the piece
described above. I have no idea what these things are called.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/derek/Parts/dsc04572.jpg

Finally the sticker sheet with the "International TRANSPORT" logo.

One odd thing about this set is the tyres.  The box shows smooth tyres on the
'Brick 2 x 2 with Wheels (Complete Assembly Shortcut)'(3137c01) but the box
contains treaded tyres (3641).  Since its a Samsonite of Canada set it may be
they got box are from Denmark but produced it with different tyres.  Or this
set spans the transition from the older smooth tyres to the newer treaded ones.

Derek