 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7336
Re: RCX Train Sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 15:13:34 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steven House writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:

All this RCX controlled automation is great and very impressive, but this
http://www.hitechnic.com/ is what happens to third-party manufacturers (re-
track cleaner) that are not supported by out community. Did anyone do
anything with these reed switches?

What, do I have to support overpriced products to be part of the Lego
community?  Do I have to buy things that I might not need to say I'm a Lego
enthusiast?

No.

As a side note, from what I heard, HiTechnic had an overwhelming influx of
orders after Steve Hassenplug went on TV talking about their sensors.  John
I suppose couldn't handle the amount of business.  It wasn't a lack of
support, in fact, it was too much.

I didn't know this, but they couldn't have been overpriced then.

Calum

What I meant was to direct attention to the dichotomy between Lego built
stuff and using (and therefore supporting) 3rd party stuff. Which of course
we each deal with in our own way.

Steve