 Trains / *20315 (-10)
  Re: MOW vehicle that I posted to Town earlier

Nice MOW car. I like how you used the hinges for the front. The hazard stripes are a nice touch. -Stefan- (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOW vehicle that I posted to Town earlier

(...) Are those little small wheels supposed to be small train wheels or road wheels? If the former, this isn't a highrailer, I don't feel, as highrailers have both road and rail wheels. If the latter, they're awfully small for road wheels. I'd want (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC and the future

(...) They will, but in small steps. From all the talks by Brad Justus and the progress made so far I seriously doubt LEGO will ever do a DCC system. AFOL's are simply too small a market. We'll be lucky to get one or two new pieces of track if you (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MOW vehicle that I posted to Town earlier

If you haven't seen it already, take a look at this MOW vehicle. It is a highrail built from a photo and a couple of design specs I found on the manufacturer's website (now forgotten) (URL) my lack of rail wheels. I haven't bought Gringott's Bank (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: DCC and the future

(...) Roger Roger. I'd be right behind you. (...) I know that there are manufacturers of the DCC receiver modules that WILL give you a price break if you buy in bulk. So some budding enterpreneur, here's your chance. Heck, if it is capital or a (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NCLTC Christmas Layout Display @ South Hills Mall - Raleigh, NC

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:... (...) Cary Clark and I were just chatting and I realized that I never posted the pictures of our layout (when it was complete) and the building event we did to benefit the Food Bank (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: DCC and the future

Whenever this type of discussion comes up, I get so frustrated at the lack of any news on this topic one way or another. I know Lego has to keep a lid on development in order to stay competative. But.... It would be a relief if Lego would just come (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC and the future

(...) And I'd get in line right behind you. I don't have the skill or time to it myself. We need someone to do to the Train component market what John Barnes' HiTechnic has done for the Mindstorms sensor market. -Greg K (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC and the future

(...) If they come out with a DCC solution, then they're compatible. If they come out with a different solution, I might ignore it. It would depend on how their solution compared to DCC. DCC is an industry standard and non-proprietary, so a (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  DCC and the future

One of the reasons I haven't taken on converting my Lego trains to DCC is because I have this hope (faint though it is) that TLC will come out with a DCC solution. If they did, what would the level of compatibility be with the current crop of (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact