 Trains / *15609 (-20)
  My Christmas Tree Train

Hi all, Here is my train setup that circles our christmas tree: (URL) track setup is a double level spiral with a siding for another train. The grade is not too bad, but if there are more than 5-6 cars on the train, you need at least 2 motors to (...) (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Mindstorms on RailRoad?

(...) Yup, that would work too. Sometimes good deals can be had on these if you keep your eyes open. Especially on the blue ones if you're not fussy about color. (...) That seems to work a lot better for picking motion up from the rails than for (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mindstorms on RailRoad?

In lugnet.robotics, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) Why not use the old 4.5volt rails? (Presuming Steve has or can get some...) Or, as for driving it, could the setup from the 4533 'track snow remover' (URL) used by driving the middle axle? I (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mindstorms on RailRoad?

(...) No problem, then. (that wasn't what you asked at first, you complained that the train motor took power from the track...) In that case just put *no* power on the rails (that is, run on some track not connected to any power) and feed one of the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mindstorms on RailRoad?

(...) This is a recurring topic in .trains and the consensus seems to be that a mobile RCX brick requires either that it is battery powered (not great for battery life), or that you do surgery on the motor. The surgery that needs to be done is well (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  LEGO Shop@Home is online again.

Sorry, they don't have new trains, but a misleading old link titled with "Be the 1st to get NEW LEGO TRAINS". But they are online now. And for Germany a freight car is now 5 Cent (0,05 Euro) more expensive! Joda Sculpture is new. Is there more new (...) (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO Shop@Home comes with new trains

Hi folks, in half an hour have a look at www.lego.com/shop At the moment the shop is down, but will be reopened then with "new shopping experience". And they announced new trains. By the way you can use this half an hour to visit my completly (...) (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Monthly LTC / LUG meeting

Midsouth Lego Train Club and Central AR Lego Users group will again be meeting January 12, 2002. The meeting will be at 500 Dupree Drive, Jacksonville, AR. Need directions let me know. The layout is up and running and their will be building plots (...) (23 years ago, 26-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: No more track power connectors??!!??

Yikes! X-posting to .trains, since it seems quite relevant... Anyone got any other info? Rick Clark (...) <snip worm gear woes...> (...) (23 years ago, 26-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  set 0113

At the local markets yesterday I got some very old lego, including the bottom of a box marked 113, the plastic inner tray, and a pile of lego. On the bottom of the box were the instructions for building the carridges, and on the sides details on (...) (23 years ago, 24-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: From Screen to Paper Printing (PPI/DPI Question)

Thanks everyone for those great explainations. And the graphic web link had a lot of good info on the LPI-DPI-PixRes descriptions. BTW Here's a 18" x 24" poster I made using MLCad + WinPOV + Power Point www.brickshelf.com/c...gi?i=94099 Each step's (...) (23 years ago, 24-Dec-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDraw Names for Monorail Parts

(...) Am I missing something here? I see the parts for the train, but not the track. Is it there? Also, has anyone created track for the 9V Train sets? I can't find that anywhere either. If not, I can give it a go if someone will point me to the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.trains)

  Re: www.LEGO.com/trains updated!

David Graham <david@graham167.fre...rve.co.uk> wrote in message news:GorAyv.2uL@lugnet.com... (...) NOTE: prototype sets do not nessecary come out... What I really would like to see is the Re460 (SBB460) (...) like Question: Why do children like (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: idea book revisited

(...) As Mike said the advantage of a pdf is its portability, and I think that is what we are aiming for in the idea book. cheers, -chris (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: www.LEGO.com/trains updated!

It was good to hear that there will be some more trains from Lego direct. I wonder if we will get a US outline diesel locos (you can with Duplo)? I was suprised that home tests in Germany said that children would like futuristic sets. I have found (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: idea book revisited

(...) Yes, but it'll open them but it never shows anything. EXE's are simple with Visual Basic... I've made a few (one was a test to see how I could do my shop inventory, but then I found Brickbay!). (...) I'd buy the CD anyways, & HOPE that maybe (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDraw Names for Monorail Parts

(...) And thank you Bernd for that, very much!!!! My vote is for a new category. The only commonality is that both Mono and trains are electrical and that is a weak pretext to hang shoehorning the mono stuff into trains, in my view. (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.trains)

  Endless Load/Unload and Transformer Train

Hi I built a Endless Bulks Load and Unload layout, two RCXs using legOS control to load bulks to hopper wagon and unload them from wagon automaticaly. I also made a Tranformer Train based on a real train in Japan ((URL) view them at my RCX (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Bad Links (Re: Endless Load/Unload and Transformer Train)

(...) Zhengrong, You do some great work, but you may want to check your web links! I don't get to your RCX Controlled LEGO Train Projects, I get redirected to www_pay2k_com/portal! And if you use your back button to get back to LUGNET you get (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LDraw Names for Monorail Parts

"Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:3C23C832.600080....com.au... (...) Same here. -Tim (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact