 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3937
Re: No more track power connectors??!!??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 02:20:52 GMT

Yikes! X-posting to .trains, since it seems quite relevant...

Anyone got any other info?

Rick Clark

Matthias Jetleb wrote:

I'm not generally one for complaining since I'm of the opinion that.
for the most part, Lego Direct has been doing an excellent job in
meeting our needs but....

After spending over $1000.00 in the last four months at LD, I've run
into my first annoying snag:

<snip worm gear woes...>

On another disappointing / alarming note (and the intended subject of
this message), I also tried to order two 5305's (track power
connecting wire) and was told that they were no longer being sold. Not
sold out and on backorder, no longer being sold *period*. This has got
to be a mistake... I can't imagine why Lego would stop selling the
power connector. They can't seriously be expecting that everyone that
needs to replace a connector or needs an extra one, will have to buy a
speed regulator and transformer just to get one. I've built a train
layout using two double loops - one under the Christmas tree and one
near the fireplace and connected to each other with a double track.
When the switches are set to isolate two trains (a special Santa
express under the tree and a deluxe Metroliner at the other end of the
room) it is only possible to power one loop or the other. I need one
connector for each loop and now I can't buy one??!!

What gives?

Matthias Jetleb