 Trains / 14327
14326  |  14328
Subject:
set 0113
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 07:54:46 GMT

At the local markets yesterday I got some very old lego, including the
bottom of a box marked 113, the plastic inner tray, and a pile of lego. On
the bottom of the box were the instructions for building the carridges, and
on the sides details on building the bogies/track.

Sometime in the past I have downloaded a page of instructions for building
this set, but when I compare what is on the box, and in the box, I have 2
questions.

(1) The downloaded instructions show the top of the carriage being based on
a large grey plate similar to the base, but the instruction on my box (and
this is how there were partially built) show them being built from grey 2x4
and 2x2 plates. Is there 2 versions of this set.

(2) In the box I got were partially constructed carriages, but the city
names were London, Manchester and Glasgow, and the other carriage had Royal
Mail. Is there even more versions, or has somebody being playing (and if so,
where did those pieces with the city names come from?).

Thanks
Ian