 Trains / *14349 (-20)
  Re: 2-Wide Steam Train

(...) The walls are just as tidy, but I ran out of "wheels" so the other side has bare plates for running gear. (...) That could work, but I think you'd have to make the whole thing a plate taller, or you'd have vertical stud clearance problems with (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogworts Express Conversion?

"John Furlong" <john.t.furlong@lmco.com> wrote in message news:GJv7KG.9C3@lugnet.com... (...) picture (...) of (...) I saw that as well. I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that the instructions for the HE would contain information on how to add regular (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Hogworts Express Conversion?

I just saw the new fall shop at home catalog and the hogworts express set description states that the train will not run on 9V track. In the picture of the set it appears that the train is built on the standard long train bases. I would think that (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New ICE-type German DB605 passenger train

(...) I'm sure you will find a good-looking solution. (...) Looks like a very good start. I like the look of the curving roof bricks. Whoah! Look at all the special thin-wall windows in the combination trans-light blue framed in white. I look (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My FOTD

(...) UNdoubtedly! I set FUT to market.theory because this is a classic example (Nice find, BTW, Mike) of two things: - that poor listings get poor sales. Time spent taking pics and writing punchy, accurate descriptions pays off (within reason... (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: 2-Wide Steam Train

(...) One wonders if, perhaps, it doesn't look quite so tidy from the other side...? But I could be wrong. Ah, actually, if you centre-mounted a 1x1 5-stud brick in the middle (on a 1x1 round plate or two, or stuck it into the roof or the side of a (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2-Wide Steam Train

Nice - very nice, how do you do the 1/10th offset in something two wide? Tim (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New ICE-type German DB605 passenger train

Hi James, yes, I remember your ICE 3 project. Looks very nice, but a real one would be much better :-) I also have non of these new screen pieces, so I can't tell you if it works? It won't be a good windscreen for an 8-wide ICE 3? Check out Markus' (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My FOTD

Gee, it seems the seller could have purchased a digital camera, listed that auction and made enough more than $100 to pay for the camera...what do you think? (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  RE: My FOTD

Nice gamble/haul Mike. Obviously a risk worth taking, Milissa would say no, too risky. Enjoy! :-) Thanx, Mark Millère LUGnet # 525 Visit Milissa's LEGO store, Millère's Spares (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  My FOTD

A couple of weeks ago I was watching an auction on eBay. There was no pictures, just a description. (URL) the description I thought it might be worth taking a shot on it thinking the statment "Has the rail station and the crane to lift cars and (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: 2-Wide Steam Train

(...) Wow! But a beautiful streamliner like that deserves some streamliner coaches. Keep up the good work, Chris (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Station platforms

(...) many (...) Thank you both for your suggestions. I checked the height of the Lego platforms, and they looked just a little low with the cars I'm working on, hence the question 8?) I just don't want them to look too high if I put it in a (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Pictures of my trains

Those are really nice and a wide variety. It's really nice to have a number of rolling stock to pull. Makes a train, a train. SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  New ICE-type German DB605 passenger train

Long since starting as a design study, I have finally engaged my attempt to build an ICE-like train set. This passenger train model takes after the German DMU DB605: (URL) real-life, I think it is a diesel unit that also tilts. My version of the DB (...) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metroliner shipping soon?

(...) I got that last week. I also got a letter saying that my train cars would ship 8/3. I'm still waiting on 3 of them. (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Metroliner shipping soon?

I got a letter from LEGO S@H (US) stating that the Metroliner and Club Car may ship today, 09/17. The 10015 - 10017 may ship as early as Thursday. Or within thirty days. Cary (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  2-Wide Steam Train

Following in the steps of John Neal's children and Stephen Chuck, I present my latest mini-project: (URL) Hafner www.hafhead.com (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Pictures of my trains

I finally posted some pictures of my some of my trains. (URL) would be appreciated. (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Station platforms

(...) Hi ROSCO, The platforms that come with the LEGO Train Stations like <set:4554> and <set:2150>, and the more current <set:4556> and <set:4557> are two bricks high. This seems to work well for the buildings I have created. These platforms come (...) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact