 Trains / 13310
13309  |  13311
Subject:
New ICE-type German DB605 passenger train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 22:12:18 GMT

Long since starting as a design study, I have finally engaged my attempt to
build an ICE-like train set.  This passenger train model takes after the
German DMU DB605:

http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/pix/de/diesel/dmu/605/pix.html

In real-life, I think it is a diesel unit that also tilts.

My version of the DB 605 using LEGO(R) bricks doesn't tilt, and it only
exists in LDraw/MLCAD/POV form.
My DB 605 set:
It has mostly been a control cab design study based around the key (Life on
Mars(R)) windscreen element.

I *think* the windscreen wrap-around will work, but I should qualify this
CAD model by saying that I have not even tried to build it in real-brick
form...I don't own a Life On Mars set, nor do I have the special windscreen
element.

Thanks for taking the time to read and look.
Comments are certainly welcome, particularly if you might be interested to
try to build the cab/windscreen to see if it really works OK or not.

later,
James Mathis
PS:  Oh, I do wish that S@H/Lego Direct(R) would offer the 1/4-curved bricks
in bulk.