 Trains / *1387 (-20)
  Re: ldraw model of "thalys" high speed train

THAT looks promising. Wish the nosepiece actually came in red. Can you post a view that is more sideish instead of nose on? Note that in Lego Loco there is an all red loco on the cover that uses that nosepiece... (...) (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ldraw model of "thalys" high speed train

(...) im making the model. heres a picture of the train www.geocities.com/ar...halys1.gif (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: and the worst train lego has ever made is...

Okay, I'll bite, and take advantage of your cantankerous mood with a yank on your chain;-)--Pink (which is a tint of red) and white. -John (...) (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More train ranting (sorry)

(...) I'm gonna go by what someone else said. Since it appears in at least one other set in a different theme introduced the same year, not necessarily designed for the train line. (In an argumentative mood today) (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: and the worst train lego has ever made is...

(...) Now there's a less than experienced comment. You name a color scheme, no matter how ugly, and I can name a real railroad that used it. Especially restricted to white black red yellow blue... that's easy. That's a dare, by the way. (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: and the best train ever made by lego is...

You sound like a person who would appreciate a train setup running 2 4558's , 5 7740's , 2 7725's, 2 4547's , 2 4549's and a 7745. (this week) The greatest train that lego ever made?....Hmmm.....any train set that uses classic train windows and (...) (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: and the best train ever made by lego is...

So, what was the blue book on a low milage LEGO crane? Chris (...) (25 years ago, 29-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More train ranting (sorry)

(...) I said designing *for* trains, not designing *after* trains. :-) As many people regret, these are very different things with current LEGO developments. Eric (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

Thomas Burger wrote in message ... (...) mag. (...) I just took up the plan of building the Thalys too. Did you build one or are you just ging to draw one? BTW. I just finished my first satisfactory version of a dutch Hondekop-train, pictures (...) (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: and the worst train lego has ever made is...

i have never seen one of those locos so i cant say. i was talking more about the cars,the cranes and the color scheme. red+black looks ugly. all black would have been beter. (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

Hi John, I am glad you like your Mac. I would like to help out with the logo dilemma. Send me the files you made. I love playing with graphics files, and who knows, maybe I can make a contribution. John Matthews P.S. Macs DO NOT rule! :) John Neal (...) (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

Ha, all this talk about incompetent John;-) I have all of the necessary software (artwork is in Adobe Illustrator, I have Adobe Photoshop). I use AI primarily and photoshop minimally (usually just scan aquiring for now), but hope to utilize it more (...) (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

(...) That's strange, John sent me some early graphics before the name was finalized and I was able to see them fine. Maybe John can try sending them to me if he sees this. (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: and the worst train lego has ever made is...

(...) What are you talking about? The engine looks kind of like a GE 44 tonner and as for the construction equipment, it's fairly harmless. 4559 looks nothing like a real train. 4565 is OK. It's also a good set for parts. I have about 8 4559s and 4 (...) (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: and the best train ever made by lego is...

(...) Sell them off. I just want the wagon plate and all the containers. (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

(...) from the entry point - lego page - last item befor the boilerplate There are 3 logos on the page you get from taking that choice. (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

(...) I'm sure MACS can, I'm just not sure John Neal can. :-) Whenever he sent me stuff in the past, nothing I had could read it. This time, he printed it out from his drawing program (which I have no idea what it is... but it drives his silkscreen (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

Hi Larry, I should be able to convert the files, but not knowing what John sent you I cannot be certain. If you send them to me I'll give it a try. Chris Larry Pieniazek wrote: snip (I wrote snip, not Larry) (...) (25 years ago, 28-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: and the worst train lego has ever made is...

Ewwww...Freight and Crane Railway. Sorry, that is my least favorite. I don't like the engine, but that is not the worst of it. What is that thing hauling? LEGO should have skipped the building with the weighing station (actually the scale thing is (...) (25 years ago, 28-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A4 Class Locomotive teaser & Wheel count designations

(...) radius (...) side. (...) I agree with this too,but also interesting would be a straight track half the actual lenght.This would enable us to close the weird loops whe like to build,but couldn't be closed due to a offset of 8 studs. Replacing (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact