 Trains / *1342 (-10)
  Re: Where can I get 4.5 volt tracks?

Dan- If I may make a suggestion. First of all welcome! My suggestion would be this. Most of us run the newer 9 volt trains which came out in 1991. Although the track gauge is the same to your battery track, you won't be able to run anything (...) (25 years ago, 28-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Where can I get 4.5 volt tracks?

I have the 1985 7722 4.5v train set and some extra track. I'm brand spanking new to building LEGO trains, but after seeing some of the work from this group, I can not wait to get started. I want to start building my track inventory. Can anyone help (...) (25 years ago, 28-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Belville Base Plates wanted

Not any more. We finished the module infrastructures so we're good. Thanks for the offers (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: More train ranting (sorry)

(...) I agree, I do not think uniqueness is the point, but I also do not think that canopy was designed for trains. It doesn't resemble any trains. After all how many trains have a large glass popup (or not popup) canopy on the engine. That canopy (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: A4 Class Locomotive teaser & Wheel count designations

US does not use the "o" part. There was a long thread on this in RTL I think, where I pontificated at length. Some US examples: A (GM) DD40AX is a D-D (hence the model designation) 2 trucks, 4 axles each. I think the trucks have steerable outer (...) (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More train ranting (sorry)

(...) Agreed. (...) Are we talking about the 4561 canopy??? I'm not sure... But if so I do NOT see that as designed for trains. (1) At least, not US ones. Don't get me started on a wishlist of parts that I wish they'd design, I don't have time and (...) (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: More train ranting (sorry)

(...) Well, actually, uniqueness is the point. John Neal asked when the last *unique* train element was made. And besides, how do you know that the canopy was designed for trains first? Because it is used in other themes the first year of (...) (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  ldraw model of "thalys" high speed train

im going to start on a 2 year old model that ive seen in a model trains mag. also im making the amtrak metroliner (blue red white d grey windows) also a 20 stud reffer comming up soon. right now im working on sizes for my "superliner" series cars. (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More train ranting (sorry)

Jeff Stembel wrote in message ... (...) the (...) Come on, uniqueness is not the point. It's about new parts that were designed for trains. If they use the same piece in other themes as well; so much the better. Point in case is whether you (...) (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: A4 Class Locomotive teaser & Wheel count designations

(...) Well it's correct for steam locomotives and shunters (switchers) (counting the wheels) but there is a newer system for diesel and electric locomotives: Powered Axles are given letters A=1, B=2, etc. Unpowered axles are given numbers for each (...) (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact