 Trains / *12969 (-10)
  2x2 turntables vs 2x2-with-pin plates was Re: Un-powered replacement for train motor

(...) I was going to use the 2x2-with-pin plate in my designs too, but I found the 2x2-with-pin plate to make my cars to tippy. When I made my double-stack well cars (what is the right name for those?) I decided to try the 2x2-with-pin plate to put (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SCLTC meeting on July 14th

Hi John, I don't think I can make it as we have "preparing for baby" classes the next two weekends (all day on Saturday). Be sure to take pictures though and post them! John Gramley <jkgii@aol.com> wrote in message news:GFwpHw.EEy@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Retraction about offset stud on box cars and stuff

(...) Heh- whoops! Um, actually... the car fell apart when the viaduct collapsed under the ambassador train... yeah, that's it! We have pics on brickshelf somewhere documenting the wreck... I would never disassemble someone else's creation... -- (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Retraction about offset stud on box cars and stuff

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton writes:>That's quite impressive, to have both the inset sides and the lettering. (...) Look at this: (URL) you see the cross section (upper left),yes,the two halves are linked togther but not to the wagon,but they (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Retraction about offset stud on box cars and stuff

(...) ....I was sure it happened... :-))))) And maybe that's why when it came back to me there was written "Itlug" on one side and "UlLtG" on the other... (no,just kidding :-)) ) Bye Gianluca (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Un-powered replacement for train motor

Cool, I was working on one of these too. (URL) did mine a little differently. By replacing the bogie plate with a 2x2 plate with a pin out the top, the 1x2 plates with the center bump could be placed in the groove part of the train wheels. This (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Retraction about offset stud on box cars and stuff

(...) I checked out the pics, but they are kinda fuzzy, so they are a little hard to see the 1/5th. Can you describe how it is designed? Do you happen to have a .dat file for it? Thanks! Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  SCLTC meeting on July 14th

Hey all, The Southern California LTC is having its next meeting on July 14th at my (John Gramley) house starting around 10am. I live in Escondido which is about an hour and 15 minutes south and east of Brad Hamilton's place. Directions are near the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Retraction about offset stud on box cars and stuff

(...) That's quite impressive, to have both the inset sides and the lettering. But, it only shows the two halves being kept 4 plates apart (5 plates = 2 studs). It doesn't appear to have any way of locking them in place on the body of the wagon. (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Retraction about offset stud on box cars and stuff

(...) No .dat file, but Gianluca Morelli does an amazing job of demonstrating his technique with a pencil. His solution does this very nicely in 6-wide. I had the privilege of seeing the ITLUG car in the flesh at PNLTC's Guinness World Record (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact