 Trains / *12839 (-20)
  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

(...) Tres useful! Ought to be widely crossposted! (seems like FAQ material, almost) ++Lar (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Octan Fuel Storage Tanks - Fueling Train Car Question

(...) Like Rob said there is a small platform called a "fuel rack"... it has underplatform flexible pipes that connect to tank car bottom drains and it has pipes mounted on arms (small cranes, sort of) that can bring fuel to the expansion dome fill (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  RGB color values for many brick colors

Just found this chart I did a while back and thought I'd post it for everyone's enjoyment :) I tried to get the RGB color values for many brick colors using a huge paper version Pantone pallette. Here are the results. (URL) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: is Octan a real brand?

Even with post verification I accidentally left out that I tried a google search and couldn't come up with any Octan company, other than our Lego one (hence the link)! Maybe there is a small Portugese one, but it doesn't get a mention online. Kevin (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: is Octan a real brand?

(...) do I? James (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: is Octan a real brand?

Take a look: (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Octan Fuel Storage Tanks - Fueling Train Car Question

Rob & All, (...) Thanks! So just pipes out to those racks, and they fill up via the top of the tank cars. Hmm.... I wonder if those new Octan tanker cars will come out in time! : ) Just what I was thinking of, so thanks again! : ) Scott S. -- (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small AFOL- and Train-meeting in May 2001

(...) Hello Harvey, you'll find some images of an older version of my german crocodile here (URL) big Shell-tanker is also shown in my brickshelf-gallery. Best regards, Andreas (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: is Octan a real brand?

(...) Speak for yourself - I'd always assumed it was a brand from mainland Europe that I'd just never heard of. I know Lego used the 'Shell' brand a long time ago, and I assumed they'd just struck a new deal with someone else. I don't know how (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Octan Fuel Storage Tanks - Fueling Train Car Question

(...) See: (URL) structures rail side are loading racks. Pipes run from the base of the tanks to the racks. The articulated boom pipes lower to the tank cars. The loading rack can either be pump fed or gravity fed depending on the relative vertical (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Octan Fuel Storage Tanks - Fueling Train Car Question

TO All the Train Guru's out there, I am building two Octan Fuel Storage tanks for the MLTC GATS display in Grand Rapids, Michigan and I have a question. How do the tanker cars get fuel from those round tanks? Is there a special mechanism or is it (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small AFOL- and Train-meeting in May 2001

(...) That krokodil engine is the best version I've seen yet. As for the tanker waggons? I'll have to find a way to shamelessly copy those! He! He! When I first glanged at the trains, I thought they were from Marklin. Keep up the awesome work over (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small AFOL- and Train-meeting in May 2001

(...) The trains look terrific! In that sunny, outdoor setting with your finely detailed trains, I was reminded of seeing the trains at LEGOLand. Very impressive! Kudos to you all:-) (...) -John (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Small AFOL- and Train-meeting in May 2001

Hi all, i just uploaded some pictures from a little meeting in May 2001 at Ralf's house in Dinslaken Germany. The weather was fine, the layout was set up in the garden and the barbeque was really nice! See some pictures of Andreas Buergel's freight (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: APT tilts thru curves in Real-Build ABS form

(...) Awesome, I'd even allow this to run on my layout! (and I'm not a pasenger train type of guy either) Quite a neat job on that one, James! -Harvey (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Town Style

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GFJtK3.A6I@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) styles (...) realistic (...) buildings, (...) my (...) share (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) look (...) [ ... snipped ... ] In this picture (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:GFK4wy.KD@lugnet.com... (...) body. (...) stress (...) I must be very slow; I still don't get it! :) Iain (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: APT tilts thru curves in Real-Build ABS form

(...) The pendular mechanism has a lever-arm-wedge that pushes "out" and "up" on the undercarriage. The tilt could be the result of the centripetal force through a curve, but weight of the car and the "zero" gap above the bogie plate between the (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: APT tilts thru curves in Real-Build ABS form

(...) You are a genius. Here I am spending my weekend building Mini's[1] while you are building an APT. It looks great, and the pendular mechanism is simply the result of the centripetal force, right? Very nicely done. Chris 1. I mention the Mini (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: APT tilts thru curves in Real-Build ABS form

Cool! I love your train and the detail - I live in England and it immediately struck me as a british style train. Any plans to build instructions? I want to know how to make the 'tilted' red stripe (near the front) - or did you not have it tilted? (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact