 Trains / *1257 (-20)
  Re: GMLTC Update

So, when are we going to see a GMLTC website up. As of yesterday, it was still the NSI "Welcome, come back later" page. :-( -Z- (URL) (25 years ago, 19-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Illinois Central Loco

Hi All, I finally got around to adding some pictures of my Illinois Central engine to my web page. I should probably update the model since the new orange bricks have hit the market. Oh well, one of these days.... :-) Check it out at: (URL) I have (...) (25 years ago, 19-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dave's TGV train

(...) Not if you go 8 studs wide;-) At 6 wide, Lar, you are correct, Sir [1], but at 8 one can skirt the wagonplate and reap the benefits a wagonplate provides-- a large integrated plate with holes-- town junior gone good;-) (...) see above (...) (...) (25 years ago, 18-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dave's TGV train

(...) Nice model. I've brought this up before.. I feel the train plates are too confining and I hardly ever use them. I do agree that they give a skirted look but the freedom I get to make any length I want and even to include various non (...) (25 years ago, 18-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Round walls (was Re: check out my Water Tower model

Glad you posted. That is a good use of the rounded wall. Castle is one of my favorite themes. The built-in arches are cool. Ben Gatrelle (...) (25 years ago, 18-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  SW Imperial Probe Droid MOC (only 3KB DAT file)

Thanks to all of you who commented on my water tower model posted to lugnet.cad.dat.models. I have posted the DAT file for my attempt at an Imperial Probe droid from The Empire Strikes Back. (I have not inlined any pieces, and it is only a 3kb DAT (...) (25 years ago, 18-May-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dave's TGV train

(...) I am very happy with the design of the train and the colors. I was some what forced to have the red just because I never got a metro liner so I never got any gray train plates. I did end up getting one gray train plate from another PNLTC (...) (25 years ago, 18-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Round walls (was Re: check out my Water Tower model

Erik, I'm glad you posted the photographs of the curved wall you built. The semicircular building is very nice. The effect is quite stunning! That's LEGO?! Curved builing. I love the building techniques that get shared throughout these newsgroups: (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  WW II Rail Gun

New pics from a WW-II Rail gun (cannon). (URL) from menu: Trains: WW-II Rail gun Eric Brok Visit LEGO ON MY MIND: (URL) Control section: (URL) section: (URL) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Round walls (was Re: check out my Water Tower model

I just went ahead an added the pics to LEGO on my mind. (URL) from menu: Buildings: Curved walls ObTrains: Also new pics from a WW-II Rail gun (cannon). (URL) from menu: Trains: WW-II Rail gun Eric Brok Visit LEGO ON MY MIND: (URL) Control section: (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: check out my Water Tower model

(...) Very nice, Ben. Love it. Nice curved walls and cool use of the UFO saucers. later, James Mathis (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dave's TGV train

(...) To Dave, Nice train! I really like the pantagraph. It looks very good! The train set as a whole is very good: dual power units, mail car, passenger cars. Good complete set. The additional gray slopes on top of the black roof slopes complement (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Round walls (was Re: check out my Water Tower model

Ben Gatrelle wrote in message ... (...) web (...) Oh, well, you just 'beat' my schedule :-) I thought of the use of 1x3 and 1x1 rounds for rounded walls a few weeks ago, and planned to post it as an original idea sometime soon, but didn't get (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) Of course, what am I thinking? I guess I'm just woozy with excitement, what with the convention coming up, SW being released this week, my new *pink* passenger coach nearly completed...??!! Oh, you heard right! I will torture GMLTC members [1] (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) John, that's FOUR new sections (each 45" x 40"), not TWO... Approximately 15 feet of train yard, with a roundhouse & Mindstorms controlled turntable, and as many sidings of track as we can fit onto the tables. He called me 'genius'... <blush> (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  superliner series dome car finally done (wow it took me 4 hours)

new traincar ldraw file with 2 povray images for now on i will make 2 or 3 povray images for most of my models address is at (URL) on trains.html (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: check out my Water Tower model

(...) Mine came from Sting Ray Stormer set #6198. (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Dave's TGV train

Dave asked me to post this for him. Enjoy. -Ben (URL) click on the pic at the bottom This is my second revision of the train. I have modeled it after the French TGV. Just a few nights ago I made a duplex car for it which is pictured. hope you enjoy (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: check out my Water Tower model

(...) Isn't there a big aqua/hydronauts set that has it? 2 in Black, I think. Name escapes me but it has a big stinger tail. That water tower is very cool. Nice use of rounds to allow for bending the sidewalls. I just built a water tower for the (...) (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Got my Lego Train Table set up

Well, I finally got myself a table set up for my trains. Boy, I need to go buy a house so I have space, my 4'x6' table just isn't very big. One thing I did to make the table look decent (especially since the table is actually several pieces of blue (...) (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact