 Trains / *12234 (-10)
  Re: James Mathis goes US-proto: 8-wide Sante Fe study

(...) pardon my ignorace, but what is SNOT? i assume we're not talking about nose jelly. (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  My Agonizing Decision

Hi all, I have just obtained a set 7722 MISB. I'm thinking of converting this little steam engine to 9V to pull my BricWorx 3-car passenger set. Or should I buy one of the new 'My Own Train' locomotive kits and utilize this to pull my train? How (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis goes US-proto: 8-wide Sante Fe study

(...) In this Sante Fe loco, the windows are really loosely installed . I've forced a "V" wedge onto the windows, and it's quite fragile about the the side windows, as well. The side windows could be reinforced quite easily if I took more time to do (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis goes US-proto: 8-wide Sante Fe study

Wow, this is eerily accurate! If anyone needs any digital photos of the real thing, I live literally one block from the Santa Fe railyard (which offers train tours to Lamy). Jacob (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: James Mathis goes US-proto: 8-wide Sante Fe study

(...) Hey look, something worth reading/looking at was posted on LUGNET today! The amount of SNOT you put into your models is incredible, James. I was wondering how structurally sound your designs are, however. Do some parts tend to fall off if (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Neals Baits, I'm biting.

...snipped until the part where John goes fishing... (...) ...snipped some more... Okay, I'll bite. I've never had a problem with people deciding to decal, cut, or use other bricks. All I've said is that it's dishonest then to call it a "Lego" (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Amtrak HHP-8

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:GDwxD9.Jno@lugnet.com... (...) :) This is so awesome! Iain (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Amtrak HHP-8

(...) Thanks for posting. Another good one, James. Now you need some Metroliner cars to go with it, like in this pic... (URL) those rounded sides will be hard. (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  James Mathis goes US-proto: 8-wide Sante Fe study

It's a US-proto freight loco, folks: Well, I got the itch just to try a design study for an 8-wide US diesel locomotive. I see this type of locomotive frequently here in the high desert of central New Mexico. They're HUGE! It's only a design study (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Amtrak HHP-8

With all the talk about LEGO "Classic" sets being release (I love that Octan service station!!!) causing wishes for a re-release of the Metroliner 4558, I have caught the bug to build- er, model in MLCad! Thanks for the inspiration everyone. First, (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact