 Trains / *11999 (-20)
  Re: Can't get to LEGO.com

(...) Hi Matt, try this link: (URL) this for all 5 colours: (URL) should be able to look at the pictures on www.lego.com without any java rubbish then. Otherwise you might try it on my page: (URL) Regards, Ben (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Can't get to LEGO.com

Geez, Everybody's talking about these cool new trains but for some reason I haven't been able to get to LEGO.com - it just times out. I've tried every day for a week now. I'm travelling in New Zealand and am on a cheesy dialup - which may have (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bridge Building Questions

(...) Indeed. We always have multiple bridges connecting tables at all PNLTC shows. Another, similar idea is to build a table lower than the adjacent table, creating an opportunity for a rampless bridge. Any good model railroading book will confirm (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show of hands

(...) Not exactly... I suspect it has less to do with like/dislike, and more to do with existing resources. Personally, I think the black and blue engines both look quite sharp, but the colored parts that make them unique already exist in my (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advice needed...

(...) I'm not sure what blue 12V track sells for but I know it's not worth a small fortune. The trains are far more expensive than the track. (...) I agree, it's only fun to have a 12V track if you have a lot of the remote controlled pieces. If you (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Improved V188 Diesel Ready To Roll

Hello all, I've just completed the improvement of my V188 double-diesel locomotive. This version sports the triple headlights and rounded roof. Also check out my improved silo wagon, both can be found at... (URL) me know what you think.-Harvey (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advice needed...

(...) In retrospect I must agree with Rick, I myself only build and run 9V. I can tell you now that the 9V track is a hell of a lot more reliable with less chances for stalling trains. -Harvey (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advice needed...

(...) I'm the opposite. I say don't get sucked into 12v. The track is difficult to connect, impossible to keep clean, and unrealistic in appearance. I myself have a 4'x8' layout's worth of 12v equipment that I never use, but can't bring myself to (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  8 more pictures

I've uploaded 8 more pictures: SD9-3 Blue & Grey (1st B&G I built, also the first "white nose"): (URL) High Nose (also B&G, soon to appear in a photoshoot, *wink, wink*): (URL) finnaly, 6 4x8 containers & 1 4x18, waiting for use...: (URL) is (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bridge Building Questions

(...) Its real, I live near a large one: (URL) are some great pictures of it (The bottom of the page there is a panaramic shot of my hometown, Hancock, the bricge is on the right.) Josh (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advice needed...

(...) Sell the lot for $25, just kidding!!! No, anyway it sounds to me like you have the good foundations to start a decent 12V layout. I'd say "Time to scour Ebay and Brickbay for even more!"-Harvey (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show of hands (there here)

(...) Well so much for May 30th, there here now! The boxes look cool, now it's time to build and see how the trains look... Build on... Robin (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Advice needed...

Say you've just bought this box of old blue 12V track, mainly for the sentimental value (always wanted to but never...). Say somewhere in the back of your mind you're thinking, in a few years time I might start doing some trainmodelling. What would (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bridge Building Questions

"John Gerlach" <john.gerlach@bestbu...om.nospam> wrote in message news:GCo6oJ.5v5@lugnet.com... <snip> The GMLTC had a bascule bridge on our last layout: (...) </snip> That's a very unusual design for bridge.... Is it modelled after an existing (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Leaving back to Victoria

(...) Bye, I'll miss you! It's been nice having a local Lego friend. Safe journey and good luck in your new place. Cheers, Heather -- Heather Patey Pirate Wench / Brick Detective LUGNET Member #490 (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.loc.ca.nf, lugnet.loc.ca.nf.stj)

  Leaving back to Victoria

Howdy all, I'm going/coming back to Victoria. I'll be off line for a bit (if you are wondering where I am). I should be posting again in ~3 weeks or so. For those of you who care, my Email stays the same (from here) James (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.loc.ca.nf, lugnet.loc.ca.nf.stj)

  Custom Train Arrived!

I'm sure a lot of North Americans will get their trains today. I will let the kids open and build ours (before it subsequently gets cannibalized;-) -John (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: New 8-wide passenger train online!

HoMa & Ben That's right. Another AFOL from the german forum asked his metall-working colleagues if it would be possible to make some aluminium rims for the old spoked wheels - and it WAS possible. The engine runs brilliant on the tracks. Any (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 8-wide passenger train online!

(...) "Riviera-Express" (...) I am most intrigued by the creative details of the baggage and restaurant wagons! The "tricks" used for the kitchen window/doors upside down are clever. Roof-top details and interior items are such nice accents. Love (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 8-wide passenger train online!

(...) Ah, I wondered if that was the handiwork of Ben's friend.... I'm glad to hear that they work! I like this kind of innovation, because I fear that such train specific elements (large drivers, etc) may not be on TLC's short list of parts to (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact