 Town / 9793
Re: MOC: Brown Condos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2007 00:02:57 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jonathan Lopes wrote:

Very well done. There is LOTS of detail in there. I love the lintels and all the different levels of texture you’ve been able to obtain.

Are you planing to replace the corner cafe with a building of your own design? Good a set as it is and scale issues aside, I’d love to see a full block of your creations.

Great work.

Best,

Jonathan

Lintels! Thank you. And now you’ve opened a huge can of worms. I just image googled lintel and now I have lots of new building challenges. I appreciate that. Any idea where I can brush up my architectural terms so I can talk better about my MOCs?

I think now that you mention I should re-visit the Cafe Corner. I modified it when I bought it http://brickzone.net/reviews/10182.html but I do really think it’s a beautiful set. If anything I would re-do the first floor. Just to make it match the new building. I think the scale is okay. When I drive through the neighborhoods in Chicago, the floors are usually different heights from building to building. I would imagine the brown condos MOC was converted and has extra tall ceilings. But, it would look a little better if the first floor of my CC was a little beefier and architectural.

Thanks so much for your feedback. I appreciate it!