 Town / 9789
Re: MOC: Brown Condos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2007 12:59:54 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Mark Larson wrote:
   This is my follow-up to Café Corner—

Brown Condos: very inspired title. I got a lot of influence in style from the Café Corner, mostly from enclosing every floor and making the building modular. I wanted my add-on to compliment the CC but not mimick it so I chose a building in NY as inspiration. This marks the beginning of a New Town Project for my layout where I will be converting all of my old MOCs to buildings that compliment the CC style of modeling.

http://brickzone.net/images/_mocs/brown_condo.html

Enjoy and feel free to let me know what you think! Thanks!

--Mark

Very well done. There is LOTS of detail in there. I love the lintels and all the different levels of texture you’ve been able to obtain.

It definitely resembles a number of different buildings I now walk by on my way to work every morning. (my office recently relocated)

Are you planing to replace the corner cafe with a building of your own design? Good a set as it is and scale issues aside, I’d love to see a full block of your creations.

Great work.

Best,

Jonathan