 Town / 9220
Re: Couple of new(ish) buildings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2006 15:03:54 GMT

In lugnet.town, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   I have posted pictures of a couple of buildings I have had kicking around for awhile.

Yummy eye candy, Jonathan! You are THE Ashcan King!

Thanks! You are one of my major influences.

For comraderie’s sake, I’ve built a version of Tom McDonald’s Spamcake Diner®, a version of HoMa’s version of James’ Mathis’ WWMK roadshow truck, and a Mathis Trolley; I’m even working on a Corey Sanders globe. But now I think I need to build a facade of a Lopes building. But which one? Do you have any suggestions or favorites?

JOHN

Wow. I am truely flattered. I guess my suggestion would be this beast: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1762404

But, what if it were done it with your approach? In its heyday. In its glory, before the fire(s). I’d love to see you build a building with an angle.

With that suggestion out there (and, it is only a suggestion. If you further decide to say “nah, I don’t think so”, I’ll be ok. I’ll “rise above it” as Nigel Tufnel would say.), I just love seeing your buildings. I would love to see more from you.

Thanks again!

Jonathan