 Town / 8266
Re: best way to support elevated plates?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 17:40:32 GMT

For my town I took the arches from the SAH site. Imagine looking at the
baseplate. I placed two going north, one going east and west on the front and
then depending on where they are in the tunnel I may have a total of 8 arches
two in each direction. I attach them together with one 2x8 and then some 2x2 or
2x2 or 2x1. Then if I need to have the arches connected to other arches I
usually run 2xX plates. I try not to make them more than 8 or 10 blocks.

This has worked for me. It is a little excessive if you are looking at a weigh
issue. However I have done the same for my firestation that I am working on and
the upper levels have more mass on them. I haven't had a cave in yet. Knock on
wood.

Larry