 Town / 7633
Re: Plymouth Prowler & me
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 23:42:50 GMT

In lugnet.town, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.town, Allister McLaren wrote:
   After carefully and thoroughly considering the question, I am of the opinion that it doesn’t matter.

I care to the extent that I’d like to be able to say, “Hey, I made an X-wide Prowler,” and expect that the other person could glean enough from that to infer relative size before actually seeing what it looks like.

   Coolness trumps wideness, and this is pretty dern cool.

Why, thank you. I figure this’ll go over better in a MichLTC display than a Toa-based train (though I haven’t ruled out that possibility).

Dave,

This is a sweet interpretation of a Prowler. I think the overall form is right on and the size is fine. As to the “x-wide” question, that’s a tough one. One way of determining the issue is to look at the roadway for which this vehicle was built and see if it fits within the parameters. Another thing is to go by the wheelbase, but this may just be doing the same thing as the first. A third option would be to average the widths of the “section bodies” of the car. I’m not sure if this helps any but just know that nevertheless this is a cool MOC. I would also suggest creating a hover version, like something we’d find gracing the skies of The Fifth Element.

-Andrew