 Town / 7626
Re: Plymouth Prowler & me
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:34:58 GMT

In lugnet.town, Allister McLaren wrote:
   After carefully and thoroughly considering the question, I am of the opinion that it doesn’t matter.

I care to the extent that I’d like to be able to say, “Hey, I made an X-wide Prowler,” and expect that the other person could glean enough from that to infer relative size before actually seeing what it looks like.

   Coolness trumps wideness, and this is pretty dern cool.

Why, thank you. I figure this’ll go over better in a MichLTC display than a Toa-based train (though I haven’t ruled out that possibility).

   I want one for my own fantasy minifig-me.

Well, if anyone ever gets around to cobbling together a Bohrok eye for LDraw, I can probably have someone from MichLUG put together instructions for how to build one (I’m not sure that my computer could handle the renderings).

   All I know is it wouldn’t be a Purple Dave moc without at least one Bionicle tooth in it somewhere, and this one doesn’t dissapoint.

Hey, not all of my MOCs use Bohrok eyes! My first Moonbase used Pohatu toes. And the hoverbikes used Rahkshi heads. And I really did try to build this with a pair of this part instead of Bohrok eyes, but they aren’t tapered enough when laid flat (same size in the back, but they don’t reach as far forward). Even the Bohrok eyes bulge out a little, but there’s nothing slimmer that will fit in there except parallel-sided bricks and plates. I could have made the forward sides look more accurate, but it would have meant dropping the fenders completely.