 Town / 7063
Re: New MOC: Market Building 'De Korenbeurs'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 13:27:39 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Brok wrote:
   At Groningen, The Netherlands, in the 1880’s a spacious building was erected to house the local exchange market for grains. The building was soon to be known as ‘De Korenbeurs’ (The Grain Exchange). As grain commerce gradually disappeared from the building, it has housed several other acivities over the years. These days, a supermarket is located in the building, which is still called De Korenbeurs.

This model was displayed at LEGOWORLD 2003 and is my current entry to the International System Creativity Contest. To see additional pictures and explanations on my own web site, please visit LEGO On My Mind and select Models: Market building from the menu.

Still more pictures (e.g. of the supermarket interior and a mechanism for moving shopping carts around) will be added later.

Enjoy the picture tour around and through the building.

One word: MAGNIFICANT!

Eric, you’ve done a great job! This model is so accurate, so close to reality I really felt off my chair!

The exterior is very detailed. I have to show this to my brother who builds a large Amsterdam scenery with cannals.

And the technique of the shopping carts is briljant! I really enjoyed watching the short films. It’s a shame you broke it off because I would like to see it in real life! A few years ago my brother made a gallery with knights. He used two old chain links with two studs. The disadvantage is there’s only one direction: straight forward. Thank you for the biljant idea!

Dennis Bosman

LEGO Trucks & Heavy Equipment