 Town / 5690
Re: Joe's Donuts is open for business!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 17:05:30 GMT

In lugnet.town, Kevin McMillin writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Tony Hafner writes:
Do your Legoland police need a new place to hang out?  One with a little
more style than that Dunkin' somethin' down the street?  One that is
well-protected?  Send 'em to Joe's!
http://www.hafhead.com/lego/mytown/joedonut

Wow, that looks great.  The roof is very distinct - reminds me of Pizza Hut.

Thanks!  Yes, I have to admit some inspiration from Pizza Hut.  Though it
seems like a number of other large chains also use a similar roof shape.

I love the sign with the logo. Is it attached to the roof?  I really like
the lamp post, too.

Yes, the sign is two studs thick and the back half is studded to the roof
plates.  As you've observed, the front studs are resting on tiles.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com