 Town / 4977
Re: Several new vehicle MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 22:11:07 GMT

"Sproaticus" <jsproat@io.com> writes:
*silence, with gaping jaw*

Wow, a lotta stuff here.  I'll save you the long version, which
unfortunately includes a lot of gibbering -- here's the short version:

Your semis -- The mirrors are really very clever.  As are the little steps
under the cab doors.  Oh, and the swing-down engine cover.  Oh, and the
trailer hitches -- simple and sweet.

It took me a while to figure out a way to make the trailer hitch.
It's not quite accurate, but I think it's the best that can be done at
that scale using the parts available.

The folding engine cover on the yellow truck isn't new, it's the same
as on the older version.  Lots of SNOT work there, though.

Beechcraft Bonanza -- That tail is the real star of this model.  It's flush
against the body, and I love how it's locked into that angle so it won't
droop with time.

Yes, the different types of hinges keep it firmly locked into place.
It falls off of the plain easily though, since it's only held on by
two studs.

Van and Sailboat -- Sailboat.  I want one.  *gibber*  (Whoops, sorry about
that.)  The keel and rudder are well-done.

Thanks.  They are removed obviously for "in water mode".  The rudder
(a 1x3 red plate) can be placed on the bottom to help keep the boat
heeled over, and to suggest the top of the keel.

Garbage truck -- I *really* like this one.  The compactor is brilliant.

Thanks.

City bus -- At first I couldn't figure out how you hinged your doors!  Then
it came to me...  hee hee hee hee hee!  Score!

OK, I cheated.  So sue me.  ;-)

Black Truck -- Makes me want to be a man out on the road, crunching gears
and hauling freight.  Love the reefer.

Thanks.  This one is my favorite.

Summary -- I love the fact that your models have this clean no-nonsense feel
to them; using ordinary pieces to make part arrangements that should be
obvious, obvious.  In short, this mecha- and space-head has explcitly put
+.town* into his skip-filter (regrettable that it wasn't there before),
thanks to seeing your MOCs.  I don't think I normally fawn this much over
MOCs, but this is the second .town post this week that's blown me away.  I
hope to see more!  :-,

I've been a space head (though I never understood the draw of mecha)
for most of my life, but I've recently gotten involved in town stuff
because of our LEGO Train Club.  I've got a bunch more models I have
yet to put online as well, and I'll be doing that when I have time to
photograph them.  They're part of our train layout though, and you can
see them on the BayLUG meeting pages from my website.  The yellow car
bridge, the cliff along the water's edge, and some of the houses.

--Bill.

                      Verbing weirds language.  --Calvin