 Town / 4875
Re: My Wedding Cake Topper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 15:26:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:

OK, that's fine. If you're not willing to give links of the form:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Mango/MyWeddingTopper/wedding04-final.jpg

Let's review what I stated earlier Larry. I did not know HOW to post a deep
link. Now, courtesy of your example, I do. Thanks.

...then consider just waiting till the folder is available to everyone (you
can tell easily, just try to access it while not logged in) before you post
and announce it. Reduces frustration among the readers.

The frustration was enjoyed mostly by me when I realized that the folder
(which had been cleared prior to me uploading the final pictures) was
unavailable to the public AFTER i sent the announcement.

Really, that's all Richard was asking for, you didn't need to give him a
hard time about it. Or me either, for that matter.

I wasn't trying to give either you or Richard a "hard time about it". In my
lack of knowledge, I simply stated to wait til morning since it seemed that the
approval process was running a bit smoother. I think you misinterpreted my
comments to him. It's one of the downsides of posting like this. Kinda reminds
me of the FIDOnet days.

There is *no* connection between not posting till your folder is available
(or posting things that ARE available, like deep links, if you're just
bursting to share the info with everyone soonest! ) and giving Kevin the
benefit of the doubt.

Both are the polite thing to do but they are completely unrelated.

Read above for related reasons. ^

Best wishes on your upcoming wedding. It's not too late to come to your
senses and call the whole thing off, though! :-) I think the third try was
my favorite... captures my views on marriage nicely.

Thank you for the well wishes. I personally would prefer to avoid a 3rd time
seeing as how this is my 2nd attempt at it. Twice is more than enough when it
comes to having to deal with caterers...DJ's...Photographer's, etc.