 General / 37535
Re: My Wedding Cake Topper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:27:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jim Foulds writes:
Alex,

  Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!  Thanks for the nod on
inspiration.  Your cake toppers were very entertaining and I am sure the
guests will get a kick from the one you have chosen.  When my wife and I
were making plans for our wedding, I knew I wanted to have Lego involved
somehow.  I had considered doing a cake topper for my wedding, but my wife
and I decided for a specially designed castle cake, so instead I created the
castle display you referenced for my wedding.  Our guests were quite
impressed by the display because it was something unique that they had not
seen before.  So I am sure that your guests will be impressed by your cake
topper.

Perhaps this is a start of a new line of products for Lego = "Lego wedding
assecories" :)

Keep building and Congrats again,
- Jim F.

Jim, it was my pleasure to reference your castle. It was an outstanding piece
that quite frankly, was posted at the PERFECT time. Glad you liked the
"progression" of my topper. Pleanty of my co-workers said that #3 was their
favorite. Needless to say, they weren't invited to my wedding. If LEGO were
smart, they'd see that the "LEGO Wedding Assecories" line would outsell Harry
Potter ;-) Thanks again for the compliments and I'll post the final pictures of
what it looked like on the cake when I get the proofs back from the
photographer.