 Town / 4405
  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Congratulations, Mark! You have created a very pleasing and innovative MOC here! Well done! Among your original techniques I noticed and enjoyed the most is your method of compression. I know that when constructing large buildings in the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

Mark, Perfect station! Awesome. Brings back a flood of memories for me. This is the place that I fell in love with trains. 3 and 4 years old I was, took the Amtrak from Union Station to Texas when I was 3. Then, at age 4, took Amtrak's Chief (not (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Unfortunately, I have never been on a train, and even worse, they have threatened to remove funding for the three Amtrak lines still in service near Union Station here in KC. I have until July to catch a train ride before they potentially go (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Compression was one of the more challenging constraints. One of the most endearing traits of TLC official sets (to me) is their ability to suggest an actual structure without actually needing to model all of it in scale. (Their old passenger (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) An elegant compromise! The SNOT glass awning is one of my favorite details of this all-around beautiful MOC. Forgive me for saying so, but I was relieved to see that your decorative and highly innovative roof at least has an ugly underneath. (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) I'm guessing it's done by using technic 1x2 twin-hole bricks with half-pegs in, then fitting tiles to the side. If you look at the base, there could be one facing out to each side with a 1x2 tile on, then one at the front with a 1x4 tile (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)