 Town / 4017
Re: Two new buildings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 18:43:20 GMT

In lugnet.town, John Neal writes:
In lugnet.town, Jonathan Lopes writes:

I really think that green cornice blows. I am not happy with it at all. I am
leaning towards sand green with a lot more detail, when I get my Yoda.
Probably use a lot of plates.

These are two fine looking buildings, Jonathan.  You have incorporated some very
pleasing and believable details.

I think I am with you on the green.  Personally, I think that keeping bright
colors down to a minimum makes a building look better.  So I build mine out of
the earth colors, and only accent with primaries or such, as in an awning for
instance (as you have also done).  Perhaps try using more gray, or even making
the whole cornice gray.

As for the other building, I am conflicted.  The more I look at it, the more it
grows on me, but my initial reaction was that the brown band was too much, and
that I wanted to see the large brown arch in tan.  Now I don't know; would be
interesting to see the 2 versions to compare.  I still think, however, that you
should change the door color from red to either black, gray, or even fake it
with clears.

These nits, however, are tiny compare to the overall effort, which I think is
super:-)

Build on,
John

Thanks very much!
Waht isn't really evident in the pic's is that the brown band you mention is
comprised of log bricks with the 1x side facing out, so in the actual model
it isn't that overbearing. (IMO).

Now that you mention it, I don't know what I was thinking with the red door.
It doesn't look good at all. I do try to separate the ground floors of my
buildings to give the appearance of shops in the ground floors that have
nothing to do with the offices above, but in this case, I definitely failed.
Black it will be.

Thanks for looking and all your comments.

Jonathan