 Town / 4029
Re: Two new buildings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 21:47:55 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jonathan Lopes writes:

Thanks very much!
Waht isn't really evident in the pic's is that the brown band you mention is
comprised of log bricks with the 1x side facing out, so in the actual model
it isn't that overbearing. (IMO).

Upon closer examination, I see the texture-- nice.  Texture is the one thing
that I just can't get enough of when it comes to building facades-- I just go
nuts over the LL buildings.  I happen to really like the log bricks for this
kind of application (used them here myself:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=72978)

I say keep it, but if you happened to have some tan arches, see what they look
like...

Now that you mention it, I don't know what I was thinking with the red door.
It doesn't look good at all. I do try to separate the ground floors of my
buildings to give the appearance of shops in the ground floors that have
nothing to do with the offices above, but in this case, I definitely failed.

My philosophy as well:-)

Black it will be.

Sometimes (most times?) it seems that an idea would work out perfectly, except
that either 1) one doesn't have the particular element in a certain color, or 2)
it isn't made in that color.  I think that's the biggest hurdle preventing most
folks from creating some truly spectacular buildings.  All of my own buildings
literary took months of acquistions from Brickbay and parting out sets to obtain
the necessary elements to create them-- a lot more work (or $$$) than the
average AFOL might be willing to undertake...

Thanks for looking and all your comments.

Thanks for sharing your ideas!

-John

Jonathan