 Town / 4003
  Two new buildings

I made a couple of new buildings. (they are just facades right now). I am somewhat pleased with them, but they are still just simmering. I think something is missing. (aside from a few tiles). If you get a moment please LMKWYT. Any ideas would be (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Two new buildings

Looks good Jonathan! I really like the brown and tan one. Is that the new sand blue used in the awning? -chris (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Two new buildings

(...) I like the brown stripes going around the tan one. The black and blue canopy looks nifty too. The use of the different slope angles is very cool. On the other one, I like how every so often you have a 1x2(?) plate sticking out, giving just a (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Two new buildings

(...) Hi Chris, Thanks for looking & posting. The blue in the awning is the Life on Mars blue. (I don't know if that is sand blue or not) It differs from the dinosaur blue. Thanks again, Jonathan (22 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Two new buildings

(...) Thanks. Yeah on the gray building the are quite a few 1x2 plates as well as center stud tiles. I think the little details add a lot. I really think that green cornice blows. I am not happy with it at all. I am leaning towards sand green with a (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Two new buildings

(...) These are two fine looking buildings, Jonathan. You have incorporated some very pleasing and believable details. I think I am with you on the green. Personally, I think that keeping bright colors down to a minimum makes a building look better. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Two new buildings

(...) Thanks very much! Waht isn't really evident in the pic's is that the brown band you mention is comprised of log bricks with the 1x side facing out, so in the actual model it isn't that overbearing. (IMO). Now that you mention it, I don't know (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Two new buildings

(...) Upon closer examination, I see the texture-- nice. Texture is the one thing that I just can't get enough of when it comes to building facades-- I just go nuts over the LL buildings. I happen to really like the log bricks for this kind of (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Two new buildings

(...) I have viewed (& printed out) your galleries many times. They are quite the inspiration. I have tried to adopt your "mini land detail in mini fig scale" idea's. If you look at this pic, you can see how I used the log bricks in a similar manner (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.town)