 Town / 3887
Re: Bricksburg Hotel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2001 16:05:46 GMT

In lugnet.town, Bob Parker writes:
In lugnet.town, Jason Spears writes:

snipped

Thanks.  I think with all the new colors, people are looking for building
with a more realistic tone to them.  I imagine that a building like this in
real life might look awfully strange with it's current color scheme.

-Jason

The colors of buildings seem to vary based on where you live.  Here in
Tucson there are some wacky colored buildings due to the diversity of
cultures (i.e. Spanish & Mexican) in this area.  For instance, there was a 7
story hotel that was painted salmon pink for a while (it's now back to tan
under new ownership).  Then there's a large group of office buildings
downtown that has each building a different color - red, purple, gold, etc.
Some buildings are what I would call a "puke" yellow so your building would
fit in just fine here in the Southwest!

- Bob

Eeck gad.  A salmon pink building!?!  That must have been hideous.  Well I
guess whatever works for the area.  Up here in the midwest (Michigan),
buildings are a little more ordinary in color.  But anyhow, I have 3 yellow
buildings in my town, and at least enough yellow for one more, so I don't
intend to spend a mint on the new colors.  (Just on windows. ;p )

-Jason

Jason Spears
http://www.geocities.com/spearjr/brickcentral.html
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=jrspears