 Town / 3823
Re: Engine 71 - New Fire Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 23:08:45 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jennifer Clark writes:

After a few failed starts and several redesigns along the way, I came up
with start of what will eventually be my first fire station.

http://www.apotome.com/lego/station71/engine71.htm

I think that is really good, it manages to employ a lot of detail whilst
retaining the essential utilitarian look. For the ladder on the side, I
managed to get a not bad result by using 1x3 technic liftarms and flex tubes
on my skip truck:

  http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/jen/lego/skip_lrg/ladder_lrg.htm

This was inspired by the ladder on Rosco's tower crane which used axles
instead of the flex tubes:

  http://www.brickshelf.net/gallery/RoscoHead/towercrane/climb.jpg

Glad to be of assistance! And the ladder was really only an afterthought, too!

Regards

ROSCO