 General / 34037
Re: Engine 71 - New Fire Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:13:17 GMT

"Allan Bedford" <apotomeREMOVE-THIS@altavista.net> writes:
Anyone familiar with some of my recent posts to LUGNET will know that I
usually gripe and complain about what I don't like about LEGO these days.
Well, even I was getting sick of listening to myself.  So I decided to do
something about it; something I don't do often enough.  I got out my entire
collection of bricks and started to build something.

After a few failed starts and several redesigns along the way, I came up
with start of what will eventually be my first fire station.

http://www.apotome.com/lego/station71/engine71.htm

A very interesting model.  I like the way you've incorporated
pre-minifig Lego style (the cab of the truck) with more modern
Lugnetesque design ideas (the details on the rear).  Also, I
especially like your control panel which uses the Technic bricks with
the short pegs to simulate knobs, gauges, and hose attachment points.
Very simple, yet highly suggestive of the real thing.

--Bill.