 General / 34011
34010  |  34012
Subject:
Engine 71 - New Fire Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 04:08:11 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Anyone familiar with some of my recent posts to LUGNET will know that I
usually gripe and complain about what I don't like about LEGO these days.
Well, even I was getting sick of listening to myself.  So I decided to do
something about it; something I don't do often enough.  I got out my entire
collection of bricks and started to build something.

After a few failed starts and several redesigns along the way, I came up
with start of what will eventually be my first fire station.

http://www.apotome.com/lego/station71/engine71.htm

I started with the engine because the rest of the fire house and the squad
will scaled against it.  I know it's not quite the traditional size/scale of
other Town creations, but I think it shares the same spirit.  In fact, it's
very close to true mini-fig scale.  (Is there such a thing?)

I drew some inspiration from my favorite classic set:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/357_1

The rest of the fire house will draw similar inspiration... I hope.  :)

Let me know what you think.

All the best,
Allan B.