 Town / 3753
  New building MOC

Hello, I finished the facade of a new building. I was inspired by a building on the corner of 6th ave & 15th street in NYC, and the end result looks nothing like the real thing. :o/ Either way, I am very happy with the way it came out, particularly (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: New building MOC

I like your effort a lot. Are the various brick insets on the building facade 1/2 stud? If so, how did you accomplish that? Cary (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: New building MOC

(...) Hi Cary, The only 1/2 stud use on the grey building was on the window sill of the arched windows. The first version of this building did have each 'level' separated by a 1/2 stud trim line, but I ran out of grey tiles so I made it a full stud (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: New building MOC

Great Design Jonathan. Which corner is the new MOC and the other building on? I have to check it out sometime. I 've been trying to model some buildings from NYC, but that has been put on hold for now. Before everything happened, I was working on a (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: New building MOC

Those arched windows are pretty nice! I had to check them out for a while until I figured out how you did them. Out of curiosity, where did you get the brown arches? These buildings really capture the feel of some of the older buildings in NYC. Nice (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: New building MOC

(...) Looks great. Very realistic. I really like the arches for the windows, and the use of the brown rounds for window trim. And the little water hookup down in the bottom right corner, neato. (...) -Jason (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: New building MOC

(...) I don't know for sure where Jonathan got his brown arches, but I know that set 1371 Spinosaurus Attack Studio, comes with 5 of the 1x5x4 arch. According to Peeron, it also comes in 6079 (13!), 6046, 6076, 6082, and 6024. -Jason (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: New building MOC

(...) Hi Chris, Thanks for the compliments. The tan building with green windows is on 14th between 5th & 6th on the south side & the grey building is on the corner of 6th & 15th. (please bear in mind that I tanked on the grey building--it really (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: New building MOC

(...) Thanks, & thanks for looking! Yeah, I was ver happy with the way the windows came out. I got the arches from some other AFOL's. They are availible in one of the jungle studios sets. thanks again! Jonathan (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: New building MOC

(...) Thanks! I started to notice the detail of buildings more (i.e water spigot [stand pipe valve for FDNY) so I wanted to include them in my MOC's. Thanks for taking the time to look & post. Jonathan (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: New building MOC

(...) I know what you mean, wether I am driving around, or watching a movie, I am constantly looking at the buildings, looking for neat ideas to try an include in my buildings. (...) Thanks for posting the pictures. (...) -Jason (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: New building MOC

(...) Wow! I just now had to go back and look at your pic for a third time before I noticed that. (I had been distracted by the span of window arches). I think it is absolutely great that you included such detail. So much time and effort must have (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: New building MOC

(...) thanks very much! those 8 extra little pieces...:0) I built the building from the top down, so the stand pipe valve was a last minute touch. thanks again. Jonathan (who will be wandering around at lunch looking a buildings again today) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.town)