 Town / 2601
Re: Jr. Town Shame?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 02:47:01 GMT

2) Philosophy: If I like Lego, and like some of the Lego town sets, how can
I toss away their Town scale?

How do you regard those who depend on Lego sets for their town? For the
reason mentioned above, and because I like to have as large a town (numbers
and range wise) as possible, I use a lot of the Town sets, and then add
homes and other essentials (video stores, bars, etc) that they don't make.
But the stuff I add is on a Lego scale, which nowadays means a Jr. scale.
And I guess what I want to know, is that weak? I know building from scratch
would be better, but I think we all accept that there are some sets that are
nice, but using them accepts a smaller non-realistic scale. Thoughts?

1)  The minifig isn't very much to scale to begin with.
2)  Using town-scale doesn't have to involve a sacrifice in detail.  See my
(small) website for proof.

Will

Bricksburg Fire and Rescue: www.crosswinds.net/~hokie
Bricksburg Depot: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=willhess