 Town / 2597
Re: Jr. Town Shame?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 00:54:40 GMT

Chuck Rex wrote in message ...
I did not enter my town layout in the building contest, because I felt
vaguely embarrassed at it. After a little thought, and after reviewing all
the entries, I realized why - I was embarrassed at how "Junior-ized" it is.

It's your town, you build it how you want it, never mind what other people
think or say or build :-)

I'm like you, with very limited space, and my 2 temporary towns
(here: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/kwilson_tccs/lego.html )
were both about bed-sized. I did use larger-than-Lego-scale buildings in
them, but nothing like the really big stuff in the Town contest. If you like
the smaller scale, then use it: if you don't, build larger and fewer
buildings. Right now I'm building a train layout on a 12" deep shelf around
the edges of my living room, so most of the buildings are going to be
facades, only half-normal depth.

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1