 Town / 2421
  Re: Town building contest voting - possible problem

I wrote to Shane Brunazzi - warning of the possibility that someone was multi-voting for his and other models. His reply, in part (posted with permission) follows: (...) vote (...) I had a feeling this might be it. At this point we are so early in (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Town building contest voting - possible problem

Kevin: (...) Considering that the competition is about which model is best according to whatever criteria we happen to decide on, I am very disappointed that somebody asks their friends to vote selectively for their own models. There is nothing (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.town)

Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote in message ... (...) It's disappointing, yes, but I don't think it will affect the final results assuming that plenty of other people vote. (...) The is a recipe for argument, one person making a decision. I wouldn't run (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Town building contest voting - possible problem

(...) Just one thought on this... I thought that you were going to decide the catagories like "Best use of Color" and "Best Engineering". I think that having included these in the voting is one reason that the results page takes so long to load. I (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Town building contest voting - possible problem

(...) Of course then you'd have to be a Lugnet member to participate in any votes. But I agree it is a nifty idea. Adrian (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.town)