 Town / 1936
Re: Proposal: a TOWN building contest!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 18:34:08 GMT

In lugnet.build.contests, Kevin Wilson writes:
In the spirit of the recent Classic Space building contest, I'm proposing
(and am willing to organise) a building contest for us TOWN junkies.

Poor timing for me since in your time frame my church will use up most of my
pieces. I intend to enter it, though, in the obscene-number-of-pieces category
:-)

Scale can be minifig, classic, or other. Fabuland?

Consistency would be great. I vote for minifig.

Should this be just buildings, or vehicles as well?

Keep the number of categories small so there's multiple entries in each. How
'bout...

Residential (small and large categories, by approx piece count)
Public, commercial and industrial (churches, Main Street scenes, parks, etc)
(small and large categories)
Train-related buildings(small and large categories)
Personal vehicles (1 category)
Commercial and utility vehicles (including planes) (1 category)
Trains (1 category)
Boats/Ships (small and large categories)
Structures (bridges, etc) (1 category)
DAT-only (all types) (small and large categories)

or for a really small number of categories...

Large (all types, by approx piece count) (photo)
Small (photo)
Large (DAT)
Small (DAT)

Amy