 Town / 1940
Re: Proposal: a TOWN building contest!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 21:44:02 GMT

In lugnet.town, Kevin Wilson writes:
Keep the number of categories small so there's multiple entries in each. • How
'bout...

Residential (small and large categories, by approx piece count)
Sounds good.... would 1000 pieces make a good cutoff? 1000 pcs is only a
medium-sized model really (like my Victorian House).

Public, commercial and industrial (churches, Main Street scenes, parks, • etc)
(small and large categories)

I like adding Public to this - good - but I stll think multi-building
complexes should have their own category.

Train-related buildings(small and large categories)

Personal vehicles (1 category)
Commercial and utility vehicles (including planes) (1 category)

Hmmmm... there's a big difference between what you can do in 4-wide and
what's possible in more than 4-wide, I'd like to see the 2 categories for
each. If we're going to include planes, I really think they need a separate
category.

Trains (1 category)

Noooooo! Trains need their own separate competition otherwise this will just
get too unweildy!

Boats/Ships (small and large categories)
Structures (bridges, etc) (1 category)

How about a military category?

KZ