 Town / 1942
Re: Proposal: a TOWN building contest!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 23:12:59 GMT

Scale can be minifig, classic, or other. Fabuland?
Consistency would be great. I vote for minifig.

Scale should not be a criteria with structures.  Think about it...most people
build town models to minifig scale already but what about the few who don't.  Do
we exclude them or create categories especially for these other scales, knowing
that there will be few entries.

Should this be just buildings, or vehicles as well?
Keep the number of categories small so there's multiple entries in each. How
'bout...

Agreed.

Residential (small and large categories, by approx piece count)

No, this ought to be judged by the relative size of the model.  The amount of
parts isn't as important as how they are used.

Public, commercial and industrial (churches, Main Street scenes, parks, etc)
(small and large categories)

Individual buildings should not have to compete with full-blown scenes.  Make a
separate category for Dioramas for these.

Train-related buildings(small and large categories)
Personal vehicles (1 category)
Commercial and utility vehicles (including planes) (1 category)
Trains (1 category)
Boats/Ships (small and large categories)

Planes need a separate category and there ought to be sub-categories on ALL
vehicles for classic minifig scale (4 wide for planes and cars, 6 wide for
trains and boats) and larger scale entries.

Structures (bridges, etc) (1 category)
DAT-only (all types) (small and large categories)

Virtual models ought to be judged alongside the real ones.  However, any virtual
models should be rendered without any backgrounds, special effects, or post
processing.  There should also be a requirement that DAT files be sent to the
judge to ensure that each model could be built out of real bricks.

Will