 Town / 1321
Re: Ghetto Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 20:23:48 GMT

In lugnet.town, Michael Firman writes:
I have only bought one police
station (the last non-juniorised one) but I have no end of cars, motorbikes,
helicoptors and vans, all bought separately. I was recently wondering what to
do with all the specilised pieces. A police training acadamy, perhaps?
Lucky! I only have 2 motorbikes, 2 helicopters, 1 car, and 1 tractor trailer
in sets for my police; however, I have accumulated maybe 15 officers.
I've always found a problem with achieving the run down "back alley" look with
lego. It always looks super clean without the range of colours avaliable to
Legoland creators. I guess its a chalenge to all of you experts out there.
I know what you mean about that. Almost everything you make in Lego looks
super-new; an exception being the 6761 Bandit's Secret Hideout, which really
does look run-down and falling apart.  However, if you have some really old
faded and dirty pieces, you can sometimes achieve somewhat of a run-down look
with them.