 Town / 115
    Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Ryan Smith
   My city got smaller when I moved it up to the ledge and soon I'm going to have a train and a monorail running through it. My city is 40in X 190in. I would like to know how to get both of these running in such a cramped space. I don't have very many (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Jim Rorstrom
     (...) This was and is a problem in real cities. The solution is to either elavate the railway (or monorail) or go underground. Since I like to see my trains I would go with the elevated option. See  Matt's LEGO® Train Depot at (URL) for principles (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

         Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —James Powell
       (...) You might want to start with the track at a fixed hight (10-12 bricks high) above the streets, and running a loop. I have to say that the monorail is probably easier to do this with than the train...The train is a bit clunky to raise up high (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

          Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Ryan Smith
      (...) I also have a freight station(4555) so that might make it a little bit harder since I want the train to run thru there. Now, if only I had a picture to show you. Maybe if I can find a camera, scan it, email it to anybody who wants to see it. (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

          Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Jim Rorstrom
        (...) Modify your train station so that it has a platform at the level of the elevated track. This is a common site at innercity train stations. - Jim --- (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

           Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Ryan Smith
        How much clearance does a monorail need? I don't have one yet but I'll be getting one soon. (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

          Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Ryan Smith
      (...) Maybe if I can find a camera, scan (...) I finally found a camera so I took pictures of it today. Now all I have to do is get the pictures developed. I've got like 15 or so pictures left to take Anybody know what other pictures I could take? (...) (25 years ago, 23-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

          Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Ryan Smith
      (...) Somebody has got to want to see it, I hope:) (25 years ago, 24-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

          Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —John Matthews
      Why don't you tell us all about the pictures when you can show them to us ? :) John Matthews Ryan Smith <kyblue2@zoomnet.net> wrote in message news:FK34vv.Evv@lugnet.com... (...) to do (...) take (...) pointers. I (...) be (...) (25 years ago, 24-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

         RE: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Ralph Hempel
     (...) Hmmm, I remember a thread a while back (maybe even on RTL) that discussed putting the tracks on a ledge and only having big turnarounds at the ends. This way, you could let your railway go "under" the city and still have a cutaway view of the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

         Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Ryan Smith
      (...) I only have a ledge because a rock is under it so that scratches that idea. If I didn't that might work but I don't have the tools to do that either:( Got dynamite? that might take the rock out:)and maybe I might have a 50% greater chance of (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Tobias Möller
   Why not make monorail tunnels through the buildings? That´ll look futuristiac and cool. Or, you could have the monorail above the ground, with stations on top of the really big houses. Oh, now I want to build a city like this!! --Tobias (...) have (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

        (canceled) —Ryan Smith

        Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Ryan Smith
   (...) I've been think ing of doing that if I need to. The only building that it will run through is my 4 storie bank. (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Ryan Smith
    I've made a track design on Track Designer. If anybody would like to get a view of what the city sort of looks like post here or email me:) and I'll send it to ya (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Ryan Smith
   (...) The pics are FINALLY developed and I'm working on getting them scanned. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Ryan Smith
   I now have 2 pics on my computer. If anybody else would like to see them mail me. (...) send (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Ryan Smith
     I now have 8 pics and I still have 3 more to scan. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Frank Filz
   (...) I have posted 8 of Ryan's pictures (with his permission) here: (URL) Big pictures and real quick html coding, nothing fancy. (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Paul Sinasohn
     In lugnet.town, Frank Filz writes: <snip> (...) Ryan sent me the pictures in advance - there's a real talent in the making here. I think his next layout, if he can get it donw, will be very impressive. I like his solution to the train track support (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

         Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Ryan Smith
     (...) Thanks for posting them Frank:) (...) It's simple and fast all right, if you don't run out of pieces like I did or maybe I just can't find them:) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

         Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —James Powell
      (...) Ya, it does work kind of well. (I've been doing it for a while now :). (and I doubt I was the first one to do it that way either!) (...) Try getting more 1200 piece buckets :) (or other large piece buckets) I know, though, that $ can be a (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Frank Filz
   (...) I hope everyone has had a chance to look at these. I just got a notice from my ISP that I was close to my monthly limit on web serving. I'll be taking these down. If I get a chance later, I may reduce the images size and re-post them. The page (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Kya Morden
   (...) Doh! And I just found the thread today and was about to go look at them. Bother... Kya (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Ryan Smith
   (...) I send ya the pics if you like:) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Kya Morden
   (...) Okay, um, erythrite@hotmail.com Kya (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this. —Frank Filz
   (...) This weekend I may get them up on my AOL account which may not have the bandwidth problems. I will also try and reduce the file sizes. (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)