 Town / 10355 (-100)
  Re: LEGO set #10183 Hobby Train Online Instructions (.pdf format)

(...) Thank you, Thank you, thank you! I plan to build set number 25 and then set number... (15 years ago, 27-Oct-09, to lugnet.town)

  Re: LEGO set #10183 Hobby Train Online Instructions (.pdf format)

(...) Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you! I never had found those PDF's on the LEGO site, and so was quite unhappy with the 6 Hobby Train sets that I have. I've saved them all and now have 29 more train projects to do! I had tried the LEGO software (...) (15 years ago, 26-Oct-09, to lugnet.town)

  Miniaturized German Parliament Building

Hello der Lugnet community! Today I want to present some more miniature architecture to you. The title already says it all. Since 1999 the Reichstag building in Berlin serves as meeting place for the German parliament - the Bundestag. I thought that (...) (15 years ago, 18-Oct-09, to lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX) !

  MINI Eiffel Tower Instructions!

Hello again, and thank you very much for the nice comments! It's rare to see comments these days here and they are highly appreciated. Let me assure everyone that the construction is very stable and does not fall apart. Due to the big demand, (...) (15 years ago, 25-Sep-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: MINI Eiffel Tower

I love it! I am surprised that there is enough friction in those bottom leg connections to prevent the entire structure from flopping over. Is there a trick? (15 years ago, 23-Sep-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: MINI Eiffel Tower

Very nice. This one *WILL* sit on my shelf. Thank you very much for sharing it with us. Saso Tomat (15 years ago, 21-Sep-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: MINI Eiffel Tower

(...) Excellent! you captured quite well the airy look of the Eiffel Tower... especially at that scale! Philo (who works in Paris ;o) (15 years ago, 21-Sep-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  MINI Eiffel Tower

Hello dear fellows! Today I want to present something different to you than you would expect from me as I ususally post space MINI modesl from various themes here. But today it's my pleasure to show you my MINI version of the Eiffel Tower from (...) (15 years ago, 20-Sep-09, to lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX) !!

  Re: new moc: retro patio set

(...) Such chairs must have existed. I've seen circular armrests like these exhibited in a furniture design department of a museum. In lugnet.town, Saso Tomat wrote: (...) Or, perhaps with the "closer to contemporary aera"-one from (URL) set #6388> (...) (15 years ago, 9-Sep-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Selling New In Box LEGO Collection

Due to a family emergency I need to sell my NEW IN BOX LEGO Collection. The list is very long to list here so I'm only going to list the themes that are available and give you a link to where you can see full details, images and more. Adventure Sets (...) (15 years ago, 9-Sep-09, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.western, lugnet.sports, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: new moc: retro patio set

Again, great work. These chairs would look nice with a new 7369 camper: (URL) Saso (15 years ago, 8-Sep-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  new moc: retro patio set

(2 URLs) still building my current moc, but most of the furniture is done. this patio set was created when i received the life preservers in a recent order. for some reason, i had in my head an image of vintage patio chairs with large, round arms. (...) (15 years ago, 7-Sep-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, FTX) !

  Re: Alpine Village

(...) i was so impressed when i saw pictures of your moc emerging from brickfair, i only wish i'd been there to see it in person! what a great job, and the mosaic added the final incredible touch. congrats and thanks for the thanks, glad i was able (...) (15 years ago, 7-Sep-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Alpine Village

This project began in Pittsburgh in January after weeks of seeing snow covered rooftops. It slowly grew from a few buildings to a bona fide display. Never having been to Switzerland, a Fodor's travel guide was valuable in researching the geography, (...) (15 years ago, 6-Sep-09, to lugnet.town) !

  Re: Fix the cigarette lighter!

(...) Watch this for the reference: (URL) (15 years ago, 1-Sep-09, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Fix the cigarette lighter!

(...) Really great car, but I don't get it. What on earth does it have to do with any cigarette lighter? /Tore (15 years ago, 31-Aug-09, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Fix the cigarette lighter!

Good to see you building! I'm not a town expert but this is still looking nice. It is always interesting when a builder gets sucked out of their normal scale ; ) Thanks for sharing and God Bless, Nathan (URL) (15 years ago, 31-Aug-09, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, FTX)

  new moc: ancient egyptian nobleman's villa

(2 URLs) in march of this year, some members of our group were asked to create mocs to celebrate the ancient egypt exhibit at ottawa's museum of civilization. i created an architectural moc after doing some research to try to make it at least (...) (15 years ago, 25-Aug-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  Re: Minifig Segway

(...) There are other all-plastic possibilities out there. You can always leave the tires off on the Tiny Turbos chrome-trimmed wheels: (URL) there are these train wheels: (URL) (15 years ago, 16-Aug-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Minifig Segway

(...) OK, thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I think the plastic wheels are little too big for my Segway, but if I ever get a hold of some, I can use them and call it an off-road version; just the thing for the commuter who wants to pretend he's (...) (15 years ago, 15-Aug-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: 2009 version Urban Landscape

Great to see you back in action Jonathan! Even die hard castle fan that I am, I always look forward to being inspired by your layouts... Loving the increased focus on landscaping as well! Great work and thanks for sharing! God Bless, Nathan (URL) (15 years ago, 14-Aug-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: calling all MOCs for BrickCon October 1-4, 2009

(...) Will do Jeff! Can't wait to make it up there in October! I'll email you the MOCs I intend to bring. -jeremy (15 years ago, 13-Aug-09, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 2009 version Urban Landscape

Neat story. That's quite a coincidence! Maybe it's some kind of omen. If you keep making real life buildings in LEGO, eventually you'll own them. ;-) David (15 years ago, 13-Aug-09, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Motel MOC

Really well done and thanks for all the great detail photos. The office interior is very detailed, far more so than one might expect. In fact the plain exterior really makes the interiors a wonderful surprise. Well done. I was wondering about the (...) (15 years ago, 12-Aug-09, to lugnet.town)

  Re: 2009 version Urban Landscape

(...) Thanks, Dave. And, thanks everyone else who posted and looked at the photos. I still build and enjoy doing it - so, much more to come. The pace might be slower, but I am still around. Good to see familiar names myself. Thanks once again. Best, (...) (15 years ago, 12-Aug-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: 2009 version Urban Landscape

(...) Thanks. Yes, Al's is a Diner. Do you mean a real life diner? Assuming you do, there is actually a pretty cool story about that. There is a diner in Fall River, Mass. called AlMac's. I havee a book on Photorealistic painters - a number of whom (...) (15 years ago, 12-Aug-09, to lugnet.town)

  Re: 2009 version Urban Landscape

That's quite a town you have there. Is Al's a diner? David (15 years ago, 12-Aug-09, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Motel MOC

(...) This looks great Chris! It really has that "No-Tell Motel" look to it. I'm sure some interesting things occur at this hotel and many of them may not be totally 'above board'. In regards to the color scheme, I think it really works for this (...) (15 years ago, 11-Aug-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: 2009 version Urban Landscape

(...) Great work Jonathan! You are definitely one of the key people I draw inspiration from and your city layout is nothing short of amazing. You really capture the look and feel of the urban landscape and I am always amazed by the amount of detail (...) (15 years ago, 11-Aug-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: 2009 version Urban Landscape

(...) I was just chatting about your lack of updates a couple of weeks ago. (URL) Blogged> Tim (15 years ago, 11-Aug-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: 2009 version Urban Landscape

(...) Wow! I always enjoy your cityscapes Jonathan. This is exactly why I keep a link to LUGNET. Bert Waters (RICHLUG) (15 years ago, 10-Aug-09, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Motel MOC

In the End Shot #2, it looks like where the first blue car is parked, well, that is where Sarah and Kyle stayed and had "plastique" for diner. Actually I liked seeing the details you went crazy on. Nice work. Eric Sophie (15 years ago, 10-Aug-09, to lugnet.town)

  Motel MOC

This should be my last significant MOC for NALUG's 2009 GETS show. I might fiddle with some vehicles if I have time, and there is one small item I might go with. This is a motel, an *ugly* motel. Many of you may have stayed in a motel just like (...) (15 years ago, 10-Aug-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: 2009 version Urban Landscape

(...) Oooohh! That is so beautiful. From some of the thumbnails, I'd swear I was looking at pictures from "Model Railroader"! There is so much to like. -Chris Gray (NALUG) (15 years ago, 10-Aug-09, to lugnet.town)

  Re: 2009 version Urban Landscape

(...) Just been looking at these. I have to say that despite all the cool new builders around you are still my number one inspiration for building town and train stuff. I will examine every pic in great detail, and hopefully have something to show (...) (15 years ago, 10-Aug-09, to lugnet.town)

  2009 version Urban Landscape

Here are some images from my in progress layout. (URL) am working toward the same goal with urban-realism. I have reduced the scale of a number of buildings with 3 wide windows and also I have focused more on sculpted landscaping this time around. (...) (15 years ago, 10-Aug-09, to lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: new moc: picnic table

(...) Oh my... I really did (including the other pictures in the folder)! Cheers, Matija (15 years ago, 3-Aug-09, to lugnet.town)

  new moc: picnic table

i posted a new (URL) table> design on flickr and one of the feedbacks i got made me think that from that table design a picnic table could be built. i have seen picnic tables before but this particular design is very delicate and probably not suited (...) (15 years ago, 31-Jul-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Town/Technic MOC

Nearly a year ago, our group, NALUG, was asked to do some displays and bus kits for the local transit system. I ended up doing two kits and one larger model. A few months ago, I got my "Emerald Night" train, and #8275 Power Functions bulldozer. That (...) (15 years ago, 30-Jul-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Minifig Segway

(...) Sure, this is the new wide rubber tire that you regularly see on town vehicles these days: (URL) should be the exact same style, but made entirely from plastic (and there's also a thin ridge running down the center of the tread): (URL) I also (...) (15 years ago, 27-Jul-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Minifig Segway

(...) I see I neglected to mention that I'd already considered much of what you said, and that I was going to leave the nitty-gritty figuring-out to someone else. : ) I appreciate your insight, though. I've been thinking of the possibility of (...) (15 years ago, 22-Jul-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Minifig Segway

(...) First person I know of who pulled that off was Steve Ringe from MichLUG, and he did it to have driving cars on a Town/Train layout. (...) It might be harder than you think. The Segway is a pretty small model, so I think the easiest way to pull (...) (15 years ago, 18-Jul-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Minifig Segway

(...) I'm glad you like it. I know that some Space builders have "motorized" cars by using magnets (example: (URL) here>; the YouTube links still work), so maybe something could be done with the Segway, too. The parts I used are pretty common, so it (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jul-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Minifig Segway

Excellent! The minifig was well chosen too as a character you're likely to see riding around. My first look at it had me laughing and I had to look again hours later. I suppose a "mall cop" variant will need to be built as well. Now if you can only (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jul-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Minifig Segway

(...) That's awesome! I love small mocs like this that add detail to cities. -Elroy (15 years ago, 14-Jul-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Minifig Segway

After seeing these on TV and elsewhere, I thought my Lego town should have one, too: (URL) Here it is again, this time in its natural surroundings: (URL) The Brickshelf gallery, once moderated, can be found (URL) here>. Enjoy! Daniel Patten FUT (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jul-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  Some Cafe Corner Compatible MOCs

I just uploaded my MOC (URL) "A Taste of New Orleans"> A French Quarter Building with balconies and an attached courtyard at corner of Royal & Dumaine Streets (2 URLs) It has two (URL) New Orleans Carriages> (2 URLs) And I uploaded the (URL) (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jul-09, to lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad.dat.models, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® set 10197 - Fire Brigade

(...) -- Snip! -- Here are some more (URL) on Brickshelf> of set 10197 by user 'LBaixinho'. Cheers, J.P. Manalo (URL) (15 years ago, 8-Jul-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  new moc: toileting issues

i am working on a largish project right now. it's taking a while but i'm at the interior stages now on the main part. i'm all for building a better mousetrap and so i wanted to improve my toilet design from the last (URL) one>. i'm really happy (...) (15 years ago, 3-Jul-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.town, FTX)

  RTN goes to Brickworld

(URL) RTN goes to Brickworld 2009> (URL) Stories and photos from my trip to Brickworld with my MOCs! again that's here (URL) enjoy kurt (15 years ago, 2-Jul-09, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  The Brick Testament - The End Is Here

WARNING: This post contains links to MOCs illustrating subject matter that may be considered inappropriate for children. (URL) The Brick Testament> website has been updated today with (URL) final four new stories> from the book of (URL) Revelation>: (...) (15 years ago, 26-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: The Cinema

Hey again AFOLs, Yeah, I've been busy. So busy that I've saved up posting about my Town MOCs. You may have heard me mention that I picked up a few town plans and put them to good use. Well, here my second offering from the set: The Cinema. (URL) (...) (15 years ago, 18-Jun-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® set 10197 - Fire Brigade

(URL) Pictures> on Eurobricks David (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  LEGO® set 10197 - Fire Brigade

Start saving! LEGO® set 10197 – Fire Brigade Ages 16+. 2,231 pieces. Year: 2009 US $ 149.99; CA $ 199.99, UK £ 97.85, DE € 149.99 Build an authentic vintage fire station! Ding ding ding! There’s a fire in town! The fire brigade drives to the scene (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  new moc: doorway study 9 - grey stone

(URL) the last (so far) of my doorway studies, finished last year, but photographed this week. based loosely on a photograph of the doorway of the house used for the newer version of "the stepford wives" which i found in our local newspaper. the (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Honolulu's TheBus: New Flyer articulated bus

Very nicely done! I've spent more time on TheBus than I care to admit, and I recognized its distinctive colors and profile immediately. I especially like how you did the doors. Very nice indeed! Mike (15 years ago, 10-Jun-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Honolulu's TheBus: New Flyer articulated bus

Hi all, After (URL) posting a Space MOC> I had to return to my Town roots. Here's an articulated (bending) bus from Honolulu, Hawaii, a New Flyer D60LF. (URL) Of course, it bends like the (URL) thing>! More at (URL) MOCpages> and (URL) BrickShelf> (...) (15 years ago, 10-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, FTX)

  The Brick Testament - Armageddon

WARNING: This post contains links to MOCs illustrating subject matter that may be considered inappropriate for children. (URL) The Brick Testament> website has been updated today with (URL) new stories> from the book of (URL): (URL) of Man's Bloody (...) (15 years ago, 5-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.town, FTX)

  The Brick Testament - Satan Unleashed

WARNING: This post contains links to MOCs illustrating subject matter that may be considered inappropriate for children. (URL) The Brick Testament> website has been updated today with five new stories from (URL) Revelation>, bringing the total (...) (15 years ago, 18-May-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.town, FTX)

  ILTCO Layout at the National Train Show, Hartford, CT

Help wanted from LEGO clubs and individual enthusiasts for the ILTCO multi-club LEGO train layout at the National Model Railroad Association (NMRA) National Train Show from 10-12 July in Hartford, CT! For the fifth year, LEGO enthusiasts everywhere (...) (15 years ago, 24-Apr-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.events, FTX)

  The Brick Testament - When God Attacks

WARNING: This post contains links to MOCs illustrating subject matter that may be considered inappropriate for children. (URL) The Brick Testament> website has been updated today with four newly illustrated stories from (URL) Revelation>: (URL) (...) (15 years ago, 23-Apr-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Sprinkles Cupcakes

Here is my latest MOC. This is a little building I threw together for a friend. I don't think there is anything really special about the design. I just wanted it to look close. (URL) (15 years ago, 20-Apr-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  The Brick Testament: Revelation

WARNING: This post contains links to MOCs illustrating subject matter that may be considered inappropriate for children. Happy Easter! (URL) The Brick Testament> begins its illustration of the final book of The Bible today with the first four (...) (15 years ago, 11-Apr-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  new moc: luxury bathroom

i'm often asked if what i build is my "dream home". i have to say that parts of each building have something i'd love to experience living in. (2 URLs) same goes for this bathroom. (4 URLs) the two-leveled luxury bathroom features double sinks, (...) (15 years ago, 10-Apr-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Uncommon use of Bionicle masks

LLL, Inof presented this house over on 1000steine, note the unusual awnings at the first floor: (URL) (15 years ago, 9-Apr-09, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.town)

  Re: City Buildings - perhaps a new city standard??? :)

Hey Steve, a couple of thoughts... having made 100+ structures taken to nearly as many shows over the last 13 years, it's been tough to find a consistently well-working standard. Lots of conflicts with track clearances and plain ol' tablespace at (...) (15 years ago, 9-Apr-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Tank truck

(...) Love it! A gorgeous design that nicely evokes the real vehicle, and it just plain looks great. I love the overall lines, specifically the angled front and in the side windows. A great little MOC! Dave! (15 years ago, 7-Apr-09, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: The Future of LEGO(R) CITY Lies With the People

(...) This poll is interesting. Some of the options appear to be already released, or contain significant parts (sub-sets) from majors recently released, and or pending release sets. The first option shows the City Square. This set looks like the (...) (15 years ago, 6-Apr-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: (correct link) The Future of LEGO(R) CITY Lies With the People

(...) As long as the track is compatible, it's OK with me. Like the same way the new PF/RC track is compatible with 9V track. As far as the motors go, I would like to see PF, instead of the old style motors, anyway. Even a complete train redesign, (...) (15 years ago, 4-Apr-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, FTX)

  (correct link) The Future of LEGO(R) CITY Lies With the People

Correct link listed below. (URL) Three different choices: City Square, Public Transportation Center and Truck Shop Information regarding to the three choices. Depending which theme wins the Target age market is 6+ and price point is $100USD. The (...) (15 years ago, 3-Apr-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: The Future of LEGO(R) CITY Lies With the People

Three different choices: City Square, Public Transportation Center and Truck Shop LEGO City Vote Correct link listed below. (URL) (15 years ago, 3-Apr-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: The Future of LEGO(R) CITY Lies With the People

Those links do not work? (...) snip (...) (15 years ago, 3-Apr-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, FTX)

  The Future of LEGO(R) CITY Lies With the People

The Future of LEGO(R) CITY Lies With the People -Polls open for excited fans to vote on proposals for expansion of LEGO CITY in 2010- LEGO CITY (April 2, 2009) - Architects and planners of LEGO CITY are at odds over which section of the booming (...) (15 years ago, 3-Apr-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  Re: Tank truck

Nice solution, looks good! (15 years ago, 1-Apr-09, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.schleim)

  Re: Tank truck

(...) Thanks. (...) That's correct. (...) It's a possibility. But not sure it will strengthen the structure, as the main issue is that the panels are only connected by the 4 top studs. Just waiting for a 6x6 round plate now :) Erik (15 years ago, 31-Mar-09, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: Tank truck

In lugnet.announce.moc, Erik Amzallag wrote: [snip] (...) [snip] (...) [snip] Nicly done, and good proportions in relation to the tank. If I spot correctly the trick of the inside structure is 2x part #60474 Plate Round 4 x 4 with Pin Hole, that are (...) (15 years ago, 31-Mar-09, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Some vehicle MOCs

These vehicles will make an Appearance on the next club layout. (URL) dune buggy (URL) Holden Ute (pickup truck to you yanks) with some Gangsters at the wheel. The gangsters have just stolen some gold and jewels from the local bank (URL) Holden (...) (15 years ago, 29-Mar-09, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town)

  A couple of shops

Here are a couple of shops I have built for the next train layout (URL) building contains a Dick Smith (shop that sells computers, cameras, TVs, phones and electronic gadgets and stuff) on the lower level and a map shop located on the upper level (...) (15 years ago, 29-Mar-09, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town)

  A couple of items for an Amusment Park

(URL) is a ball toss game (like the "toss the ball into the bucket" game only with power miners rock monsters). Notice the rainbow sign on the roof. (URL) classic space themed shooting gallery (with bottles on the back wall to shoot) with clear (...) (15 years ago, 29-Mar-09, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town)

  New MOC of a Bunnings store

I have created a MOC of a Bunnings Warehouse store. (for those who dont know of it, its a large warehouse hardware store similar to Home Depot in the US) (URL) of the store with the main entrance, the cage where you swap the bbq gas calenders and (...) (15 years ago, 29-Mar-09, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town)

  New MOC of a Transperth Bus

I have created a model that is loosely based on a Transperth (local bus company here in Perth) bus. I would have built it in Light Bley but some of the pieces (door frame, wheel arches, some others) dont exist in that color. Pictures: (URL) be kind (...) (15 years ago, 26-Mar-09, to lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Luxury Motor Yacht

(...) I keep seeing a (URL) pocket cruise ship> in my head but mega-yacht does work very nicely too. (15 years ago, 24-Mar-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  new mocs: doorway studies 5-8

in keeping with my newest building theme, i continued the (URL) doorway studies>. there are many advantages to doing these studies: i get to use a variety of architectural styles, a wide of variety of colours, they take up much less space to store (...) (15 years ago, 22-Mar-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  new mocs: doorway studies 1-4

last year i dismantled one of my favourite creations, (URL) st. paul de vence>. i had intended to keep it around but i was going through a building slump and decided it had to be undone. as i did this, i realized i was more emotionally attached to (...) (15 years ago, 22-Mar-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  Re: Luxury Motor Yacht

Hey what a great idea. Nice MOC, cool that you built it with all that modularity. I actually have this part too, and the same problem. I keep moving the darn thing from place to place and from box to box. For a while I was throwing my house and car (...) (15 years ago, 22-Mar-09, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Looking for suggestions on what town minifig torsos to use for a MOC

(...) That one is no good, its got a boat anchor on the chest. Not so good for a bus driver. (...) That one has a cargo logo. Again no good for a bus driver. (...) That one could work. No tie but thats ok. Will try and get one :) (15 years ago, 18-Mar-09, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Looking for suggestions on what town minifig torsos to use for a MOC

(...) Well, possibly passable: 2007 - (URL) 1998 - (URL) 2005 - (URL) (...) Well, that one's easy to do a search for: (URL) DaveE (15 years ago, 18-Mar-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Looking for suggestions on what town minifig torsos to use for a MOC

Firstly, I am looking for a torso that is a white collared business shirt with pockets and (if one exists) a neck tie. Secondly, I am looking for a torso (and legs) to use on a guy who is supposed to be "really cool" (like the kind of guy who makes (...) (15 years ago, 18-Mar-09, to lugnet.town)

  Luxury Motor Yacht

Luxury Motor Yacht based on LEGO cargo ship hull from set (URL) 7994: LEGO City Harbor> (2 URLs) See the (URL) Flickr photos> or (URL). For the full story, be sure to read (URL) LEGO Luxury Motor Yacht> on Brickpile. (15 years ago, 18-Mar-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Older town sets, base plates etc for clearance sale

Hello All Here is the post about clearance sale (URL) more there WBR Sonnich (15 years ago, 7-Mar-09, to lugnet.town)

  Base plates for sale

Read more here (URL) be updated (15 years ago, 6-Mar-09, to lugnet.town)

  City Buildings - perhaps a new city standard??? :)

Hi All, I have been refining my thoughts on a city building standard where it minimizes wasteful brick usage (bricks not seen) and maximizes city visual appeal and density. There have been several standards in the past that I used before and (...) (15 years ago, 5-Mar-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Town car

(...) Just crossed my mind... and sun roof could be used to add even more playability. Unfortutately I do not have such. WBR Sonnich (15 years ago, 25-Jan-09, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Town car

(...) Hello I tried it, and you can see it in the original folder. The design reminds me of American cars (?), though some Volvos have looked a bit like that too. Pictures too: (2 URLs) WBR & thanks Sonnich (15 years ago, 25-Jan-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: building 6 wide cars, looking for ideas/inspiration

(...) I second the idea of flipping through Spencer's gallery. When I decided to make a 6-wide red vintage convertible, I went straight to his stuff just to see if there were any ideas I could glean from them. After all, I didn't want my car to look (...) (15 years ago, 24-Jan-09, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

"Jonathan Wilson" <jfwfreo@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:KDxALE.1rs@lugnet.com... (...) Pierre Normandin: (URL) said. (15 years ago, 23-Jan-09, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: building 6 wide cars, looking for ideas/inspiration

(...) These are some of the best 6wide cars and trucks I know of: (URL) (15 years ago, 23-Jan-09, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  building 6 wide cars, looking for ideas/inspiration

Our train club has decided to use 6-wide cars (instead of the usual 4-wide) for our next layout and I am looking for ideas or inspiration on how I can build them. More specifically I am looking to build a small hatchback in 6-wide and want ideas. (...) (15 years ago, 23-Jan-09, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Town car

(...) That is very cool & simple! After looking at it, I came up with this idea for your trunk, except the top piece would be clear for a rear window: (URL) I believe it will allow the plate high gap to be eliminated & still operate. Jeff (15 years ago, 19-Jan-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  BrickFest '09 Registration is open!

(URL) Hi All, Just letting you all know that Registration is now open. Hope to see you all there! SteveB <www.BrickFest.com> (15 years ago, 4-Jan-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact